THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

_How do you play with Splinter Racks/

Go down 
+9
Barnie25
Thor665
Azdrubael
Rokuro
The Shredder
The_Burning_Eye
Count Adhemar
nexs
Blank05
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Blank05
Hellion

_How do you play with Splinter Racks/ Empty
PostSubject: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2015, 20:55

So, since GW hasn't updated the FAQ in regards to the way the Splinter Racks rules are worded, I'm curious as to how everyone is playing it.

For those out-of-the-know, the rules state that as long as there is a single model embarked upon a Raider equipped with Splinter Racks, all(the operative word here) Splinter Weapons are Twin Linked.

Which means that not only does the embarked unit benefit from this minor costed upgrade, but the entire board does as well. Personally, I don't use the rules as worded in friendly games, because I believe that it will(and should) be changed.

Anyway, I just want to know how your local area plays it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2015, 22:02

Splinter racks are on Raiders, yes?
There are no splinter weapons on the raider, as it can only have a disintergrator cannon or a dark lance. Neither of which are splinter weapons.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2015, 23:33

nexs wrote:
Splinter racks are on Raiders, yes?
There are no splinter weapons on the raider, as it can only have a disintergrator cannon or a dark lance. Neither of which are splinter weapons.

It doesn't say all splinter weapons on the unit, or on the vehicle. It says all splinter weapons. So technically it twin-links every splinter weapon on the table, friend or foe. I don't play it that way though.

nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21 2015, 23:39

Playing it in such a way would win one no friends.
Haha

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 10:41

The rules summary in the fold out pages at the back of the hard copy codex are more clear on this matter - it applies to splinter weapons carried by models embarked on the vehicle.

I appreciate that the rule in the main section of the book is written differently but i find the summary version to be the one that makes more sense, so that's how I play it.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 11:21

Sometime, we'll have to have a game were we play the rules *exactly* as written. I'll use this and our nid player can use his nuclear-holocaust pyrovore. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 19:23

Blank05 wrote:
For those out-of-the-know, the rules state that as long as there is a single model embarked upon a Raider equipped with Splinter Racks, all(the operative word here) Splinter Weapons are Twin Linked.

Which means that not only does the embarked unit benefit from this minor costed upgrade, but the entire board does as well. Personally, I don't use the rules as worded in friendly games, because I believe that it will(and should) be changed.

Thanks!

Who would seriously think that a single model embarked on a Raider would make every splinter weapon on the table twin-linked?

That's not even cheese anymore, mate.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 19:55

Rokuro wrote:
Blank05 wrote:

Thanks!

Who would seriously think that a single model embarked on a Raider would make every splinter weapon on the table twin-linked?

The same people who think laser-pointers mounted on someone else's gun can make you shoot more accurately?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 20:30

Quote :
So technically it twin-links every splinter weapon on the table, friend or foe.

Is it really confined to just one table? study

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 20:35

Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
So technically it twin-links every splinter weapon on the table, friend or foe.

Is it really confined to just one table? study

At a tournament "Ok, everyone, I'm using a Raider with Splinter Racks so all DE players have TL splinter weapons as long as it's alive. I'll let you know if it dies."
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 20:36

Sweet, I have a new tournament strategy Wink

Also, wouldn't that count from reserve as well? Because this is an awesome tactic!

Back to top Go down
Barnie25
Slave
Barnie25

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22 2015, 20:55

Even though its not explicitly mentioned I can't wrap my mind around the fact that someone would honestly, without trying to break the game, believe the proposed rule explanation is the correct one Razz

I am all for finding the edge but this is just plain silly. Don't expect GW to understand how to make a proper formulation with regard to a ruleset Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 04:37

With some careful organisation, we should be able to ensure that at least one Dark City denizen has a model on a raider with splinter racks somewhere in the world - so that we can ALL claim the rerolls! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 05:06

I currently have a model embarked on a Raider with splinter racks in a game I'm playing against myself. I've taken a brief pause for a restroom break, but will restart the game in 2016 - till then we should all be good, right?

Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 05:17

Thor665 wrote:
I currently have a model embarked on a Raider with splinter racks in a game I'm playing against myself. I've taken a brief pause for a restroom break, but will restart the game in 2016 - till then we should all be good, right?
Yes!
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 09:54

2016? What are you doing, just washing your hands?

Surely you could stretch to 2020?

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 09:59

Thor665 wrote:
I've taken a brief pause for a restroom break, but will restart the game in 2016

If you need 12 months+ to go to the toilet you should probably see a Doctor!

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 10:22

Thor665 wrote:

Just on time for 8th edition........

Razz

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 13:13

Thor665 wrote:
I call BS on this one. I do not believe for a second that you have an active list with a splinterrack anywhere! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 17:16

I still only have 5 guys in the Raider - I do have my self-respect. Wink

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23 2015, 17:22

Thor665 wrote:
I still only have 5 guys in the Raider - I do have my self-respect. Wink

lol!

More seriously, do you never use 10-man squads?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: _How do you play with Splinter Racks/   _How do you play with Splinter Racks/ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

_How do you play with Splinter Racks/
Page 1 of 1