THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Splinter Racks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MrStimpson
Slave
MrStimpson

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 05:44

What's the math on this? If you're paying for Racks, should you run 7, 9 or 10 rifles? What's the output difference between Splinter Racks + 9 rifles + 1 Splnter Cannon and Splinter Racks + 10 rifles (both in rapid fire and not). Does taking 2 specials and 1 heavy reduce the "ppw" of the Racks drastically?

Say someone really likes the mechanic of "exploding 6s" what is the absolute most optimal loadout of a 10 model Kabalite Squad in a Raider that has KotPT and Splinter Racks.

On another note, why in the world do Splinter Racks not effect Splinter Cannons? Seems to me like it wouldn't break the game and would help to make both Racks and Cannons great choices. Has it been stated anywhere by GW that they think it would make either choice too efficient? Because if anything, it would let us fast dice easier and have more fun (larger pool of "exploding dice") without really breaking anything.

Anyone willing to throw some math out on the above questions? Please consider the KotPT Obsession in.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 08:24

Splinter Racks is 2 hits per 6+ to hit, so a 16.67% chance to gain +1 hit

Splinter Racks are 10pts (2 kabals)
Every 6 shots gives you 1 more hit, you need 12 shots to break even
6 Kabals in rapid fire range will always break even.
If you are Flayed Skull every Kabals has a 2.7% chance to generate 1 more hit

Splinter Racks are best used if you have limited Space, using Flayed Skull, or lack Kabal models.

There is argument that just adding more Kabals is always better b.c its more Wounds. But this doesnt take into account of lists, if you are DSing a Raider, or giving it -1 to hit and 6+++, you can keep it a love for much longer.

Then there is the Argument that 1/6 of Kabals die when Raiders die, so the 10pts is never actually wasted if you are using 10man units.

Finally there is the Argument that Splinter Cannons are always better if you have the room and low on points (If you are not using Lances in 10mans), b.c its always 3/6 more shots at 10pts (15pts)

Splinter Cannon 10pts generates 2/4 hits (1/3 bonus hits), where 6 kabals generates 1/2 hits for 10pts, and if your Raider dies you still have the Splinter Cannon, so you still have your extra hits

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

Last edited by amishprn86 on Tue Apr 17 2018, 10:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MrStimpson
Slave
MrStimpson

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 08:43

Perfect. Thanks!

Wych
Dark Elf Dave

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 10:40

Poison Tongue or Flayed Skull? I think you meant Flayed Skull because its the hit rolls that generate the extra hits and Flayed Skull re-roll 1's to hit where as Poison Tongue re-roll 1's to wound.

I would have thought that Flayed Skull benefit from Racks the most???

I think for me, if you want a Dark Lance in the squad then perhaps Racks will then help boost hits from rifles but if you are thinking of a choice between S.Cannon vs. Rifle + Racks then I would go with a S.Cannon.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 10:55

Yeah i meant Flayed Skulls, im going to edit it to fix it. I just woke up and it was 3-4am when i typed it lol.

Poison Tongue wouldnt really benefit the same, i could do the math for that, b.c with the 1-2 extra hits the re-roll to wound of 1 might end up being more by a tiny amount, especially if you have a SC.

Well at work ATM cant do to much typing and math for now, maybe later.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 11:22

Its funny because I think Flayed Skull looked the strongest Kabal at first and then I was like hold on I want Black Heart and now I am thinking after all that I would like the extra range instead now...I actually think it will end up being the relic that picks my obsession because I feel as though I can make use of any of the obsessions...I'm sure that logic is flawed lol
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 13:08

dont forget the flayed skull stratagem wich gives +1 to hit, in the right circumstance you would get extra hits on a 5+
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 13:48

Dark Elf Dave wrote:
Its funny because I think Flayed Skull looked the strongest Kabal at first and then I was like hold on I want Black Heart and now I am thinking after all that I would like the extra range instead now...I actually think it will end up being the relic that picks my obsession because I feel as though I can make use of any of the obsessions...I'm sure that logic is flawed lol

For what it's worth, I'm also picking my Obsession via the associated relic. Razz

MrStimpson
Slave
MrStimpson

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 17:53

Sorry if I mislead, I didn't mean to infer that KotPT would directly benefit Racks, I moreso just wanted that figured into the ppw just to see the output as a whole (7, 9, or 10 Warriors with Splinter Racks and Splinter Cannon) since I'll be running PT in my Splinter Racks Raiders.

Thanks for the discussion, guys!

Splinter Racks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter Racks   Splinter Racks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Splinter Racks
Page 1 of 1