THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army

Go down 
+14
Devilogical
Rokuro
Squidmaster
Black Death
Azdrubael
Creeping Darkness
Count Adhemar
The_Burning_Eye
Massaen
Jimsolo
Nostromo
Mngwa
The Strange Dark One
colinsherlow
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What should we call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army?
Darkquins
What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba1350%What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba15
 50% [ 12 ]
Darklies
What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba138%What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba15
 8% [ 2 ]
Quindar (maybe this for all space elves mixed together?)
What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba1317%What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba15
 17% [ 4 ]
Hardarks
What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba134%What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba15
 4% [ 1 ]
Quindarks?...
What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba130%What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
DarkHarlies
What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba130%What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
Other?
What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba1321%What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Voteba15
 21% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Empty
PostSubject: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 16:05

What should we call a Dark Eldar army with Harlequins?
And what name works if we have all 3 eldar in one army?

We call Dark Eldar and Eldar "Darkdar"

Dark Eldar + Harlequins = Darklies? Quindar? Darkquins? Other?

Eldar (CWE) + Harlequins = CWquins? Quindar? Other?

Dark Eldar + Eldar + Harlequins = Quindar (again...)? DarkdarQuins? CWdarkquins?  HarleDarkdars? Other?

Any ideas ladies and gents?
What do you think?

Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 16:28

I was tempted to vote for Darlies, but it sounds far too much like "darlings"... so no.

I actually like the how "Dark Harlequins" sounds. However, for the sake of making it shorter I'd probably call it Darlequins.

The option which is most similar is "Darkquins", so I'll vote for that.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 16:52

I would just call an army of two eldar as "MEldar", and this is going to apply to harlies too. It fits well since Harlequins are the most about unity between the eldar than any other eldar faction.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Nostromo
Slave
Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 17:58

Darlequins. Because insinuating they're little darlings when they spray assault in people's faces is too lulzy not to.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03 2015, 19:59

I like Darlequins as well.

I am between that and darkquins

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 00:07

Dark Eldar/Harlequins. Cutesy army names that sound more at home in a tabloid article about a celebrity couple are one of my least favorite parts of the hobby. They universally sound bad.

Since all Eldar are BB anyway, I just call any combination of Eldar, Dark Eldar, Covens, Iyanden, Corsairs, and/or Harlequins just 'Eldar Alliance,' 'Allied Eldar,' or 'Eldar Unification.'
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 08:31

Awesome?! Razz

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 08:54

Jimsolo wrote:
Dark Eldar/Harlequins.  Cutesy army names that sound more at home in a tabloid article about a celebrity couple are one of my least favorite parts of the hobby.  They universally sound bad.  

Since all Eldar are BB anyway, I just call any combination of Eldar, Dark Eldar, Covens, Iyanden, Corsairs, and/or Harlequins just 'Eldar Alliance,' 'Allied Eldar,' or 'Eldar Unification.'

I'm with this!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 09:16

Darlequins? Just no!

What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Black_dalek

Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 10:50

Kabalequins?

Haemonquinus Coven?

Harlecult?

Also, for some reason I can't stop thinking of Harlies plus CWE as Quimdar.

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 17:35

Midnight Sorrow Quins

Midnight Sorrow list - heavy mix of Dark Eldar and Harlequins

The Masque of the Midnight Sorrow are a company of Harlequin Eldar that associate closely with the Dark Eldar. Often seen amid the spires of High Commorragh, their renditions of the tale of The Fall are widely regarded amongst Commorrite high society as the pinnacle of the Harlequin's art, and their every step is perfectly choreographed to evoke the sorrow and terror of that ancient catastrophe. Indeed, the Midnight Sorrow are so committed to their performance that many of their players have, other the centuries, lost their original identities altogether. Now they walk the paths of the Webway as echoes of that terrible age - reminders of an evil so voracious that it still consumes Eldar souls to this day.[1]

Upon the battlefield, the Masque's warrior-acrobats move and fight with the same perfect grave that they display on stage. The Masque's name stems from the eighteenth verse of the third act of the Fall; that infamous scene wherein Cegorach witnesses the darkest time to have befallen his children. Echoing the bleak misery and clashing violence of this scene, the Midnight Sorrow will always endeavor to strike at their foes as the witching hour tolls. They strike suddenly and leave nothing but ruin and misery in their wake

Nostromo
Slave
Nostromo

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 22:45

I think the cutesy name heightens the irony of their nature. Like Kurt Russel getting "assaulted" by the Christmas Critters in South Park...
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 04:44

Man, hmm?! I just can't with any of them. I just say DE/harli mix myself. Sorry, but cheers this is a good topic.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 11:26

HarDar.
(or DarHar).

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 11:26

Eldar (CWE) + Harlequins = Quindar

Dark Eldar + Harlequins = Dark Quindar

Dark Eldar + Eldar + Harlequins = Alldar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 12:22

Can we just call them Dark eldar with allied Harlies???
Sounds good to me

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2015, 13:38

"Darlies" ...because it's a brand of toothpaste in SE Asia:
What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army 71sA8flv5PL._SL1500_

Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 20:05

Double action!

Clowndar

Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 21:05

colinsherlow wrote:
Double action!

Couldn't resist! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06 2015, 22:36

Quote :

Who is we? I've never called them this lol.

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07 2015, 08:18

HERO wrote:
Quote :

Who is we?  I've never called them this lol.

Yeah I always called them Deldar...

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08 2015, 03:25

Mushkilla wrote:
HERO wrote:
Quote :

Who is we?  I've never called them this lol.

Yeah I always called them Deldar...

Yeah, I've heard that a couple of times.

Hellion
Tempestus

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09 2015, 20:15

DarkQuin Ducks

What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Ha9vR2UuMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09 2015, 20:55

Dude, I'm totally on board with DarkQuin Ducks.

Full support:

What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army Darkwing_duck_by_stilltsinc-d4lzg79

Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09 2015, 20:57

Now this is getting silly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army   What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to call a Dark Eldar/Harlequin army
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next