THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...

Go down 
+3
Blackfel
Xm0shcryptX
submarine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
submarine
Hellion
submarine

Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...   Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21 2015, 22:28

I enjoy the whole eldar imagery in particular dark eldar and harlequins. I have included one eldar formation here for a specific purpose but essentially this list has a stronger emphasis on the dark eldar and harlequins because those are the armies I like.

Here is the 1850pt list

DE: Combined Armed Detachment

HQ

Succubus (warlord) with armour of misery, archite glaive, webway portal

Elite

Trueborn, 4 x trueborn with blasters in a venom with SC/SC

Troops

4xkabalite warriors, kabalite warrior with shredder in a venom with SC/SC

FA

Raider with DC and nightshield, aethersails (succubus goes here)

Harlequin formation: Cast of Players

7 players with caress, troup master with caress (go in raider with Succubus)
Shadowseer, level 2, mask of secrets (goes in raider with succubus)
death jester

Haemonculus Covens formation: Dark Artisan

Haemonculus with webway portal
Cronos with spirit probe
Talos

Razorwing Death Formation (Eldar Crimson Death)

Crimson Hunter Exarch (represented by voidbomber)
Crimson Hunters x 2 (represented by razorwings)

So you can see there close combat component is provided by the raider with succubus and harlequins, and deep striking dark artisan formation. The haemonculus will be the warlord so his formation get 4+ FNP and can reroll 1s.

The rest of the army provides fire support. I think I have anti tank, anti air and anti infantry covered. I typically face necrons and space marines a lot, but some tyranids.

Would be great to get some thoughts of veteran DE players as I am still learning the army.

Cheers in advance.
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...   Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 05:26

I feel like the Crimson death doesn't fit in. I see you're trying to do a fear bomb list which j like, how about proxy a hemlock and get an extra minus 2 ld for the flyer plus he can use psychic shriek too. Also maybe throw in a far seer into that raider to and try to fish for the -3 ld psychic power. And don't forget archangel of pain it causes so much hell I love it. If you think about it the potential for -9 ld plus having 2 psychic shrieks is pure nasty because you are just rolling for deaths. Just some ideas
Back to top Go down
Blackfel
Hellion
Blackfel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...   Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 05:40

Don't forget to add a shock prow to the raider. Tank shocking a unit while hitting them with your combined fear bomb virtually guarantees the unit you charge will run.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...   Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 11:48

Your Death Jester is required to join the Troupe as well, as per the formation requirements, so they can't all fit in a Raider, unless you lose a Player.

Xm0shcryptX wrote:
Also maybe throw in a far seer into that raider to and try to fish for the -3 ld psychic power.
This requires a Warlock, not a Farseer. The power is from Runes of Battle.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...   Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 12:03

Also the hemlock has no effect on psychic shriek...
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...   Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 12:37

Hemlock isn't easy to fit is as you would need Allied Detachment. one HQ and a troop. In general I think they would fit in better than C-Hunters.

Hemlocks -2 ld doesn-t effect Shriek but it surely helps nonfearless units to run after succesful shriek and this list has plenty of help to Shriek already.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...   Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 13:00

Blackfel wrote:
Don't forget to add a shock prow to the raider.  Tank shocking a unit while hitting them with your combined fear bomb virtually guarantees the unit you charge will run.
Shock Prows let you Ram. You need Chains for tank shocking Smile
Back to top Go down
Blackfel
Hellion
Blackfel

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...   Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 13:19

Sigmaril wrote:
Blackfel wrote:
Don't forget to add a shock prow to the raider.  Tank shocking a unit while hitting them with your combined fear bomb virtually guarantees the unit you charge will run.
Shock Prows let you Ram. You need Chains for tank shocking Smile

That's incorrect. Here's the text from the Dark Eldar book:

"Shock Prow: A vehicle with a shock prow can Tank Shock and Ram even if it is not a tank. In addition, when the vehicle executes a Ram, it is treated as having a front Armour Value of 14 when working out the effect of the Ram upon both the vehicle and its target."

If all you want to do is Tank Shock and not Ram, then take Chain-Snares. If you want the option to do both, then take the Shock Prow.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...   Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 13:31

I stand corrected Smile
Back to top Go down
Rathstar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...   Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 15:16

This list could work, my concern is that you have little board presense turn 1, if everything with a webway portal comes in via deepstrike.

One things to consider is losing one of the dark eldar troop choices to have a bastion with a comms relay to help the reserves. other using using the Scalpel formation to give you the option of a no deployment at all, at the expense of 2 dark eldar troop units (turning your CAD into a Allies detachment).

As a personal preference I don't think shredders are that good, mainly because of the range, so I would lose those to spend points elsewhere.

Generic issues I think the list has are that you have a big concentration of points in the harlequin unit (with 3 characters attached) which makes an obvious target for you opponent to take out first, plus the addition of the Dark Artisan makes the list a very small (in terms of models) for such a fragile army, maybe the grotesque would be better, after the grots are dropped of the raiders make great objective grabbers.

Lastly I agree that the flyers seems odd, and while excellent anti-air, take up a lot of points at 440. To improve your fear bomb you have to increase your pskers capable of psychic shreak. For the same (440pt) cost as the flyers you can get:
Farseer with Spear on a Jetbike
5 Jetbikes upgraded with Scatter Lasers (or for 1 points more you could have 8 with catapults, maybe 5 to be the farseer's bodyguard and another 3 to be an annoying objective grabber)
Hemlock Wraithfighter

You would now have 5 more psychic dice and 2 more psychic shreaks (among up to 7 extra spells)

Last tip don't forget that the deathjesters ability can be used to make a unit "fall back" towards you, allowing you to charge units otherwise out of range Smile

Rathstar
Back to top Go down
http://rathstarramblings.blogspot.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...   Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar/ Harlequin with a sprinkling of Eldar...
Page 1 of 1