THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FTGTBeeCee
Slave
FTGTBeeCee

New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list Empty
PostSubject: New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list   New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 05:22

Greetings all,

New member here. I have had the DE bug since 3rd edition, I traded for some that were in poor condition but never got around to fixing them up. Got suckered in to them again.

Here is my first attempt at a Realspace list. It was hard to give up the objective secured from a CAD but i felt like the fast attack was really where the DE seemed to shine.

ok here goes:

Archon with shadow field, webway portal, haywire grenades, blaster.
Haemonculus with webway portal
5 trueborn with 4 blasters in a raider
5 trueborn with 4 blasters in a raider
5 kabalite warriors in a venom with extra splinter cannon
Razorwing Jetfighter with dark lances
Razorwing Jetfighter with dark lances and splinter cannon
Razorwing Jetfighter with dark lances and splinter cannon
5 scourge with 4 heat lances
5 scourge with 4 heat lances
6 reaver jetbikes with 2 blaster/heat lance and 2 cluster caltrops.

Ok so question time.

Man I love the FA choices but am i really behind the 8-ball without obsec? How does the realspace detachment handle reserve manipulation? only 1 warlord trait allows it. With 7 deep striking units am i going to have to tweak some eldar in there to get an autarch? Ideally i'd love to keep it a pure DE force.

I play in a very small but pretty competitive meta. My main opponents play 4 riptide tau including the hunter cadre formation, a TWC list with 3 units of TWC as well as a GK nemesis strike allies with 2 dreadknights, a GK/AM player who has an endless collection, an a Newcron player who has the now invincible necrons with 3++ rerolling 1's saves.

Are there any changes i should make to accommodate that meta? I feel like i am behind the 8-ball a bit in that comp but i do love a challenge.

Thanks in advance for any feedback from you wily veteran Archons!

BC
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list   New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 05:52

Solid. Only suggestion would be to swap the heat lances on the scourges for either blasters or haywire. Heatlances are great on paper, until you realise that you have to get really close to vehicles to have any real effect. And that means the scourges will prob get wrecked in the face. Better to keep the opponent at an arms length

Slave
FTGTBeeCee

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list   New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 06:20

Thanks for the feedback. If i was given that choice, i would likely lean towards blasters. I can drop the splinter cannons from the two Razorwings but need to find 20 points to make that happen.

I could drop the shadow field down to a clone field for the other 20 points.
Back to top Go down
depayen
Hellion
depayen

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list   New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 19:51

take one of the caltrops off that should give you the additional 20 you are looking for.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list   New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 22:25

I'd say remove either the guns or caltrops from the bikes. Not a huge fan of having both. I'd keep the caltrops.

Hellion
Lord Mal

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list   New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04 2015, 23:53

I was just about to say, I like the options on the Reavers, I just don't know if stacking them all on there is a good idea. Dropping some gear off them might give you some points to play around with to also tack on an item on one of your HQ's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list   New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Dark Eldar, 1850 realspace raiders list
Page 1 of 1