THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

One grenade per phase?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

One grenade per phase? Empty
PostSubject: One grenade per phase?   One grenade per phase? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 13:32

Now, am I being stupid, or missing something?

I have noticed many time before people using an entire units worth of grenades in both shooting and assault phases, but THIS was rec ently pointed out to me:

pg. 180
"Only one grenade (or any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase."

So no matter how many grenades you have in a unit, only one can ever be used each phase?
A unit stacked up on Haywires or Kraks can only use ONE in each shooting or assault phase?

Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: One grenade per phase?   One grenade per phase? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 13:38

not sure where the reference is, but i'm pretty sure (95%) it's only one per unit in the shooting phase, but one per model in the assault phase (assuming of course it's a target you can use grenades against). Key word being thrown, in combat the grenades are not thrown, but attached.

My guess would be they refer to phase because you could throw a grenade in the assault phase as part of overwatch (and would therefore also only be 1 grenade per unit)
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Omega1907
Hellion
Omega1907

PostSubject: Re: One grenade per phase?   One grenade per phase? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 16:05

I always had the impression, that grenades are basically treated similar to melee weapons in the assault phase. Just that they only have one attack. Similar to melterbombs (which are classified as grenades but can't be thrown ...).

While the theory they could probably be thrown during overwatch, normally grenades are blast weapons and therefore can't be fired/thrown due to only snapshots allowed?

But I can be wrong on one or all things stated, I always forget about grenades so don't really know the rules for them that good Sad
Back to top Go down
perhow
Hellion
perhow

PostSubject: Re: One grenade per phase?   One grenade per phase? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14 2015, 11:59

I do find the overwatching krak grenades very odd. But yes when being shot male sure they're only throwing one grenade let unit. ..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One grenade per phase?   One grenade per phase? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One grenade per phase?
Page 1 of 1