THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Green Stuffing every little gap?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

Green Stuffing every little gap? Empty
PostSubject: Green Stuffing every little gap?   Green Stuffing every little gap? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 09:27

Hey,

I've been building a lot of Dark Eldar lately, but have never painted even a single miniature of that range. Now, while assembling the minis, I've noticed how many gaps remain even if the parts themselves fit very nicely together. A good example is basically every torso part, consisting of a front and back part. When glued together, there remains that crack, that fine line on the shoulder.

Now my question: As I've never painted a Dark Eldar miniature before, I don't know if the primer and/or the paint covers those gaps up. Is it normal to be able to see them pre-painting? Or do you green stuff every little gap for a smooth finish?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: Green Stuffing every little gap?   Green Stuffing every little gap? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 09:36

TO be honest, on my Warriors and the like I don't go to twon with that. While gluing together, i give the shoulderblades a good dip of plastic glue and let that close the gap. If afterwards it is still visible, give it another small drop of Glue. I have to admit, though that i have a fairly dark colour scheme and such minor things don't show after the painting...

If you want to have everything nice and smooth, i would try magic sculpt or milliput to close those gaps. You can achieve a way smoother finish with them, then using Green stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Green Stuffing every little gap?   Green Stuffing every little gap? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 15:26

I use plastic cement and let it set for a few seconds before I join the 2 sections together. That tends to fill all of the gaps and cracks.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Green Stuffing every little gap?   Green Stuffing every little gap? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09 2011, 01:34

Same here. I use the purple lable Insta-Cure (the 5-15 second stuff). After that, priming, and paint you only see the worst cases. Now gluing together Grotesques is an entirely different ballgame...
Back to top Go down
Ksmash
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Green Stuffing every little gap?   Green Stuffing every little gap? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10 2011, 06:10

I've been using a Milliput and water solution to fill the gaps. Ive been finding that it is much easier to use than green stuff (Kneadite) and a little bit of diluted Milliput goes a long way. The area simply requires a light sanding after the putty dries.

Let me find the page i stole the idea from...

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2009/10/tutorial-filling-gaps-with-milliput.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Stuffing every little gap?   Green Stuffing every little gap? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Stuffing every little gap?
Page 1 of 1