THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Space Marine Game

Go down 
+4
Raucir Lustingclaw
Grub
Shadows Revenge
Sky Serpent
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

New Space Marine Game Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2011, 20:50

I don't just love Dark Eldar. Although they were my first 40k army, Space Marines have had a lot of love from before. I've started at least 7 Space Marine armies, some just an idea in my head, some test figures, some a small collection and my Black Dragons who I completed and sold. Space Marines are cool. They are. You should realise that. And I'm a 40k fan and enjoy computer games. I never played Fire Warrior but heard that was monkeigh dung and never had a PC good enough for Dawn Of War. Space Marine got me excited ever since it was announced in 2007. And now we have a demo.

Alas, here is my short review, just a few grumblings and ramblings.

What I didn't like: The Orks seem a bit lightweight, needed to be a bit more broad on the shoulders. Their voices, seriously, why do they sound like cockney thugs? The constant need to perform executions to regain health.

What I did like: EVERYTHING ELSE. The atmosphere, the sound, the lighting. The Space Marines themselves, the decor. I was wowed. I'm not a huge first or third person shooter player, the closest I come to those kinda games are Bioshock and Mass Effect but I enjoyed the gameplay. Running into a mob of Orks with your bolter blazing before tearing through them with your chainsword: satisfying.

And have you seen the Customizer for multiplayer?

If I suddenly disappear for a week in early September then you know why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 09:25

I cant wait for this game. I must say I think the best thing about the game is you feel like a 9ft tall genenicly altered monster Razz

While I agree with you on the orks (I thought the biggest travasty was the Nobz actually... they look like overweight orks... with potbelly and all) but I actually like the execution thing, and that you can be killed while doing them. It makes the hardest diffuculty actually hard cause you need that health, but you have to be aware of how many orks are around you.

But on Sept 6... I know my xbox is going to be getting a workout Razz
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 16:44

Any body else itching to play the new space marine game? The Demo is great, I could only find 1 flaw with it, and that is that you are a space marine... nevertheless, if its anything like firewarrior, something to look forward to this week!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 17:35

It is amazing. Havent played much of the sp (been too enthralled with its multiplayer and Dead Island) But from what I have its story is a typical Space Epic game, so big set pieces and exotic locals (like the beginning, Titus already has a place in my heart as the first actual Boys in Blue to say "F the Codex Astartes" and hasnt reverted back [stupid Graham McNeil and going back on his own character development])

The Multiplayer aspect though is where its at. Its a rock-paper-scissor aspect with some neat twists. Devs beat out tact marines, which beat assault, with beat Devs. But its not that simple, as the perks can either up your strengths (assault marine getting increased damage on their ground slam) or to strengthen their weaknesses (Devs getting FNP to help protect them from that one rouge Assault Marine that gets behind them)

The only downside Ive seen is the Host Migration is weird (it doesnt pick the best, and just keeps jumping around till it finds a good one) and the only perk I dont like is final vengance (the assault marine jump pack explodes, ala CoD Maytrdom perk) but all that need is some patches and tweaks. Overall its an enjoyable experience. 8/10
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08 2011, 18:43

Yeah its not out in the UK till tomorrow-very jealous- but won't be able to play it any time soon because I've got to go off and do a mapping project for 10 days. Loved on the demo the voice acting though, it seemed a lot more authentic (maybe biased) coming across with the british accent- but seriously can not wait to get a chance to play it!
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2011, 15:11

Completed the campaign and currently Level 31 on Multiplayer.

This game is awesome. Highly recommended for fans of 40K and videogames as an incredibly cool piece of cinematic action goodness. I've got the PC version, no shiny preorder stuff, and I love it to pieces. I've actually missed meals and invites just because of the addictive nature of the Multiplayer and my desire to own every piece of armour available.

Have fun!

Raucir
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2011, 21:01

I finished it by Saturday evening, well I had to do the boss at a later date as I kept getting stuck (CSM's with power mauls = angry Sky) but it was ok. What did I think? I can't speak about game mechanics as I haven't/don't play any of the games it is similar to or inspired by so I am not inclined to say how good the game mechanics are. I did enjoy the gameplay and had no real issue with it. The story was ok, felt that Relic played it safe with no real major twists but it was an enjoyable stroll through 40k lore. Good fan service.

Multiplayer: I am a PS3 owner. Need I say more. The times I have managed to get on I have enjoyed it, however I find it gets stale after a while with only two game modes and five maps. Customizer is great.

Do I reccomend it? Yes. Go for it. 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 03:13

PS3 here - i hope they fix the MP soon... its constant lock ups are getting old...

Game wise - i really enjoy it! if you want to add me (same name as my forum name) then cool!
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 13:28

What's the customisation like? Because if I get it, I really don't want to play as an Ultramarine in the multiplayer! And does it change your armour colour for team games, like Halo? Can you make your own chapter insignia? I know the customisation has traditionally been pretty good with previous GW video/computer games, so does this carry that on?
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 08:39

Mr Believer wrote:
What's the customisation like? Because if I get it, I really don't want to play as an Ultramarine in the multiplayer! And does it change your armour colour for team games, like Halo? Can you make your own chapter insignia? I know the customisation has traditionally been pretty good with previous GW video/computer games, so does this carry that on?
Well, you can't make your own insignia as yet, that's probably to stop us having Penis or LOL Marines, but if anyone loves the game as much as Hangar-8 loved Dawn of War, they'll come up with a way.

In team games, which is 50% of them, considering there are only two game modes as yet, your armour stays exactly the same colour as you make it - one small caveat: you don't get the customiser until you're Level 4, so it gives you a reason to kill as many people as an Ultramarine as possible, then you can ditch that scheme. There are something like eight suits of armour to unlock, one of which you can only get when you hit Level 41 (six levels to go! Wooooo), each piece can be coloured individually, but don't get too excited - greaves and vambraces can be coloured in two parts, you can have "halved or quartered" colour schemes, you can't change the colour of your eye lenses or the colour of your weapons. Or the colour of the Battle Damaged, Veteran and Master-Crafted loincloths/tabards.

What's great is the way you unlock new armour and Weapon Perks - by murdering the opposition in specific ways or at specific times. There are Avenger kills, Revenge kills, Grudge kills, Savior kills, Assisted kills... My personal favourites are the Revenge kills.

Raucir
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 10:20

Making your own insignia is probably quite a hard one to police - I don't know how Black Ops manages it, but I've never seen anything particularly risque on there. Community feedback I suppose, as well as it costing hours of play time to be able to buy all the stuff you might want if you did want something stupid as your emblem! As long as I can make my guy look reasonably like an Imperial Fist then I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 10:45

Mr Believer wrote:
As long as I can make my guy look reasonably like an Imperial Fist then I'll be happy.

No worries there then - the Imperial Fist colours and insignia are one of the fifteen or so pre-loaded Chapters. No fancy armour pieces for any of the Chapters unfortunately, but the colours are spot on. Very Happy

Raucir
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 12:24

PS3 ID: MartyredDove
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 14:01

Wait, 40K game that is rated "M for Manly"?

That's grimdarklysauce. Like GW accepted that IG/Orks fight with enemies by drowning them in blood and mutilated bodyparts.
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 00:41

My PC literally died on the night before release date. PSU asploded with sparks and all! Madness! So I have to wait..
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Space Marine Game   New Space Marine Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Space Marine Game
Page 1 of 1