THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Painting DE skin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Death Jester
Slave
Death Jester

Painting DE skin Empty
PostSubject: Painting DE skin   Painting DE skin I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 22:32

So i have recently been informed by you kind folk of the dark city that for my new DE army a succubus is better than an archon. My club has just announced today that they are doing a HQ painting competition. I am competant at painting and have even done a few commisions but i am stumped when it comes to painting skin. So any advice on what i should buy paint wise and the best technique for it.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Painting DE skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting DE skin   Painting DE skin I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21 2015, 22:59

Hi there. I have a method to paint skin that is pretty good, below is a pic of a wych elf I have done for my venom crew, that uses this method:)

Painting DE skin 02e9d79d11c7c728de93cac0e1815691_zps5a654277

I start with a base of dheheb stone (old foundation paint) followed by a watered down wash of purple wash (you dont want the recesses to be too dark, so about a 50/50 mix will do). Then re highlight with the dheheb stone (everywhere except the recesses). Mix 50/50 dheheb stone with skull white and do a lighter highlight on the more raised areas. Finally a pure skull white highlight on the very raised parts. Job done Smile hope that helps. Also if you want to convert the paints I mention into new gw paints see this chart http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Riddip
Hellion
Riddip

Painting DE skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting DE skin   Painting DE skin I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2015, 01:12

You can also have a look on this video from the official gw youtube channel about wracks, it starts with painting the skin:
https://youtu.be/Azdu4lipA04
Back to top Go down
Death Jester
Slave
Death Jester

Painting DE skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting DE skin   Painting DE skin I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22 2015, 10:50

Thanks for the advice you two i will be sure to test what you have shown me on some wyches before i paint my succubus. If it goes well i will share my succubus in a few days.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Painting DE skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting DE skin   Painting DE skin I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 03:27

What is the new Dheneb Stone btw?
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Painting DE skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting DE skin   Painting DE skin I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 07:06

Closest I could find is rakarth flesh, although it is slightly darker than dheneb stone

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Sponsored content

Painting DE skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting DE skin   Painting DE skin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting DE skin
Page 1 of 1