THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Siticus' Morat Aggression Force

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

Siticus' Morat Aggression Force Empty
PostSubject: Siticus' Morat Aggression Force   Siticus' Morat Aggression Force I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2015, 08:47

Hey guys. It's been quite a while since I've painted anything of my Dark Eldar or even Eldar. I have been very busy with commission work, which is now my main source of income. In my spare time, I haven't had tons of time to paint my stuff and what little time I could squeeze in, I have been spending on playing Infinity and painting models for my Morat Aggression Forces. It might be that new miniature game smell, but I really love it - it is so different from 40k that it's exactly what I need. I've found that I actually appreciate 40k more as well now.

Anyway, here's some of my Morats. With smaller miniature count, I find I spend much, much more time on each miniature. I still need to brush up to my photography and photo editing skills as they are practically non-existent Very Happy

Siticus' Morat Aggression Force Oznat3_zpssvqyqhhv

Siticus' Morat Aggression Force Daturazi%20edited02_zpsudymhymi

Siticus' Morat Aggression Force Sogarat5_zpsac9bbhnp

And here's the family picture of them all together:

Siticus' Morat Aggression Force Blood%20Eagle2_zpsn7jk78fd

You can find more pictures from various angles of the minis here: http://krakenbrushpainting.blogspot.com/2015/03/morat-aggression-force.html

I also decided it's time to finally make a CMON account: http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Siticus

Hope you guys like my latest works. There's always more to come Smile
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' Morat Aggression Force   Siticus' Morat Aggression Force I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2015, 09:05

Very nice! Glad to see another infinity player about Smile.

I found that playing a different game also helped me appreciate 40k much much more (on both the hobby and gaming front). I love playi g Infinity, you are right in that it is so different, but it is also incredibly tactical too.

Really like you Morat paint scheme. I have a whole bunch of MAF stuff built but I still can't decide on a colour scheme for them. Had my first game with them weds and they were absolutely brutal!

Got a Japanese sectorial I am currently working on. The Infinity minis are such a different scale it is a real challenge to paint them. http://objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Infinity

SC jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' Morat Aggression Force   Siticus' Morat Aggression Force I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2015, 14:52

Those are some good looking Japanese! It seems they're very popular (haven't seen vanilla Yu Jing, only Japanese sectorial), though in my local shop it's the Nomads that are in the majority. I assume that's a brass stencil that you have on your bases, showing facing? Where is that from?

Morats are quite fun. Resilient and very aggressive, but not very subtle. It's a bit challenging to play them against savvy opponents that favour defensive tactics. At the same time, not needing to roll Guts checks and not caring about the demise of lieutenants is lovely.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' Morat Aggression Force   Siticus' Morat Aggression Force I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2015, 23:34

I've never played Infinity, so I don't know the significance of the models but I appreciate anything that is well painted and well painted they are! (as always)
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' Morat Aggression Force   Siticus' Morat Aggression Force I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04 2015, 23:45

Thanks Siticus. I think the JSA's popularity is in no small part due to the fact tha they can have ninja's cos everybody loves ninja's Smile oh and samurai too. Those were the main reasons I started them. Loved anime and old japanese films since I was a kid, and the models are also damn cool too.

Yes it is a brass etch on the bases. They are from antenocitis workshop, as are the bases too. (Unfortunately the brass lip is only compatible with their bases as they are straight edged)

Agree about them being more of a sledgehammer. It will certainly be i tersting to see how they fare against a more tricksy opponent, as you say

SC jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' Morat Aggression Force   Siticus' Morat Aggression Force I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2015, 11:27

Well, against tricksy opponents like ALEPH that prefer to castle in their deployment zone with some Forward Observers marking units and drones raining death down on them from out of LoF, as well as hackers stopping my HI in their tracks, it ain't easy. Still not sure what to do against it, but I'll come up with something. Gathering intelligence by sacrificing men is the Morat way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siticus' Morat Aggression Force   Siticus' Morat Aggression Force I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Siticus' Morat Aggression Force
Page 1 of 1