THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Skirmish Game setting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aelindrachian
Slave
Aelindrachian

Skirmish Game setting Empty
PostSubject: Skirmish Game setting   Skirmish Game setting I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2015, 13:45

Hi all,

A friend & I are pulling together rules for a DE skirmish game (I'll post them up for feedback when it's completed), taking some inspiration from here as well as other skirmish games.

One of the central income mechanics we have is slaves, generated in the post-battle sequence. The quickest way to arrange this is to appropriate the Mordheim wyrdstone gathering process, where 1 wyrdstone shard = 1 slave. If we do this, we'd need some form of tables for multiples rolled. Obviously the setting will influence what these are. Any suggestions/thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Aelindrachian
Slave
Aelindrachian

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish Game setting   Skirmish Game setting I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06 2015, 21:58

I've realised I haven't clarified options. I was considering two, Lower Comorragh or a satellite realm, possibly Shaa-Dom.

I should also point out that one of the main drivers of the game will be the heroes (Mordheimesque heroes/henchmen divide is present) fighting for acceptance into Upper Comorragh society. This may rule out Shaa-dom, as denizens of that realm may never really be accepted back into Dark Eldar society, thanks to Vect obliterating it.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish Game setting   Skirmish Game setting I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 09:20

Hmm... Where are you planning on "placing" ones slaves? Should the heroes and henchmen walk around with the warbands' slaves, or perhaps having an imaginary place in Lower Commoragh where ones slaves are placed? Because frankly, the former option does sound a little unwieldy.

In any case, I'd say the Mordheimesque gathering process should work fine. If you have it, you could look at the Mordheim rulebook and perhaps manipulate some parts in the wyrdstone tables?

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Aelindrachian
Slave
Aelindrachian

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish Game setting   Skirmish Game setting I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2015, 13:20

I was intending the latter - a place where they are stored until sold/harvested. This also leads to the standard "gathering/raiding" scenarios for skirmish games.

Discussions have moved on a bit and translating the special tables seems potentially a bit odd, given that we have an influence mechanic as the primary currency. Getting influence for selling random stuff you find in the lower reaches of Commorragh (a la Mordheim) doesn't feel quote right, now that I've tried to translate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish Game setting   Skirmish Game setting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skirmish Game setting
Page 1 of 1