THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

beast squad

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stinger989
Hellion

beast squad Empty
PostSubject: beast squad   beast squad I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11 2011, 05:39

So i am looking to run a beast squad in my army. Im looking to replace my reaver jetbike squad for beasts and the unit load out im looking at is
x3 beastmasters
x4 razorwing
x4 khymerae

now i know this is not a very big unit but i wanted to know how people were using their beast sguad and to what effect they have had with them.

i run a massive hellion squad with the barron so i was going to use the beasts as a counter charge unit.

thoughts on beastmasters?
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

beast squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: beast squad   beast squad I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11 2011, 17:17

In short: awesome. Lack of assault grenades hurts them a bit but a PGL carrier can remedy that. At first I was pretty hesitant about reducing their Assault move to 6" but really, it's well worth it (try fielding the Baron with these guys!).
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

beast squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: beast squad   beast squad I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11 2011, 17:41

Quote :
(try fielding the Baron with these guys!).
Nice idea.

I played alot with them and usualy with that setup, they are great unit, fun and strong.
Nice harrasment unit, can take out tactical squad ect, but they are best for hunting small squads like IG melta vet, devastators, snipers...they dont have enough T for long fights.
They can take some dmg but dont get to cocky with them...with Ld 8 they tend to run away right before charge(at leat my beasts do)....and fear eldar shuricen cannons, they will cut them to ribbons in no time.
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

beast squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: beast squad   beast squad I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11 2011, 19:51

Personally I really like running large khymerae squads coming out of a web way portal. GreenAcid said they really should be used to hunt small support squads, but I have also had some fun running them against Banshees and taking advantage of their 4+ invuln.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

beast squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: beast squad   beast squad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

beast squad
Page 1 of 1