THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to DE and to Warhammer 40K

Go down 
+2
thesaltedwound
carnalio
6 posters
AuthorMessage
carnalio
Slave
carnalio

New to DE and to Warhammer 40K Empty
PostSubject: New to DE and to Warhammer 40K   New to DE and to Warhammer 40K I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2015, 06:14

Hi everyone,

Been looking through the forum for quite some time now and it's been very helpful so far.
I decided to join the community and hopefully contribute one day to make it easier for others.
For now, however, I have few questions to ask. Those questions are most likely explained one way or another in BRB BUT sometimes the are not explained properly.

Questions will be both in regards to core rules of W40K as well as DE 7th ED.

1) Raiders - the way I've been running them is 9x Kabalite Warriors and 1x Kabalite Warrior with Splinter Cannon. Additional weapon is a disintegrator cannon and each rider is fitted with Nightshield and splinter racks.
Up until my last game I have moving them 12" without any penalties ie. I did use DC at BS4 and also each of my warriors i was rolling to hit at BS4 and splinter cannon with 6 shots - 36" range. That is not correct is it? I can't move more than 6" without affecting my crew. This same would go to my venoms and trueborns equipped with blasters.

2) Charge out of vehicles - if i have moved 6" then shot with vehicle and then shot with crew - i can still charge OUT of vehicle - is that charge 2D6 as well? if i move 12" i can no longer charge, correct?

3) Flickerfield - it gives me a 5++ IS in regards of what weapon has shot me. Do i perform that after let's say my jinking rolls are failed?

4) Reavers - is it within rules that I move them 12", shoot and then Fall Back in my assault phase? Is that roll 2D6 or 3D6?

5) If a character has (let's assume) 3+ armour, 4++ IS and 5+FNP - how many rolls do i perform before taking a wound? (assuming AP5 weapon has been shot at me). How would that affect (if at all) if I was behind a 4+ cover.

6) Razorwing (or Voidraven - never run it) - can i declar at the beginning of my turn whether I want to shoot flying creature or another flyer? Or do I automatically shoot at my full BS?

I think that would be all for now - appreciate your help and if there is anything else I can think off I will make sure I ask.

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and to Warhammer 40K   New to DE and to Warhammer 40K I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09 2015, 15:39

Welcome! I'm equally envious and sorry for you that you get to learn all this stuff for the first time. There's so much to remember!
Get used to the rulebooks being unclear. Saying that these are all nice and clear-cut, so you're in luck. So I really hope I didn't get anything wrong, or I'll be embarrassed.

1 - you're right, you've been doing it wrong. You got it now though. Crew and vehicle snapfire when moving over 6".

2 - you're good to move 6" with the transport, get out, move up to 6" with the infantry, shoot and assault. Make sure you're only firing Assault weapons if you're going to fire and charge. You can't shoot from inside the vehicle then charge from inside it though, because you have to disembark in the movement phase.

3 - You only get to make one kind of save. Jink is a cover save, FF is an invulnerable, so you have to choose between the two. Remember jink forces you to snapfire next turn.

4 - a.Move 12", b.shoot, c.charge or 2d6" 'assault move.' Doesn't have to be a fall back - any direction you want.

5 - FNP doesn't come under the usual "one type of save only" rule. You can take either the armour or the cover save, and then if you fail that, the FNP.
So if you've been wounded by a bolter, take armour then FNP. If it was a hotshot las, invul then FNP. If it was a melta, just the invul, because you can't FNP an instant death wound away.

6 - Start of each shooting phase, you choose whether the flyer has skyfire or not. If it does, full BS against targets in the air, snapfiring against the ground. If not, the other way around.

Good luck and good luck! You've picked the best army. We'll be watching you. Try to get a battle report up ASAP, best way to learn where you're going wrong if at all, rules and tactics wise!
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and to Warhammer 40K   New to DE and to Warhammer 40K I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09 2015, 15:48

thesaltedwound wrote:
1 - you're right, you've been doing it wrong. You got it now though. Crew and vehicle snapfire when moving over 6".

Just wanted to comment on this one. The passengers do indeed need to snapfire if the vehicle has moved more than 6" but the vehicle can still fire at full effect (fast vehicles can fire up to 2 weapons at full BS if they moved up to 12").
Back to top Go down
carnalio
Slave
carnalio

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and to Warhammer 40K   New to DE and to Warhammer 40K I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10 2015, 00:43

thesaltedwound wrote:
Welcome! I'm equally envious and sorry for you that you get to learn all this stuff for the first time. There's so much to remember!
Get used to the rulebooks being unclear.

Hi! Thank! Yeah, there's a fair bit of them rules. They are relatively easy to remember. It's the interpretation that my friends and I have some issues with (there's 5 of us close mates playing together)

Thanks for the above guys - this clears up most of my queries. By saying most, there's still few more that I'm not 100% sure on. Hope it's okay if i ask.

1) If I jink with raider - I make snapshots on raiders weapon but the crew inside shoots at full BS, right?

2) If i add nightshield AND it's nightfighting - my jink is a 2+ or 3+ only?

3) shooting missiles out of razorwing - do i have to declare how many missiles I'm shooting? Let's say i have 4, do I have to shoot all 4 of them at once? What happens if I declare shooting 4 but my target is wiped out after 1.

4) jinking on razorwing - I can't shoot missiles because you can't snap fire template weapons, right?

I think that would it be it for now. If there's more, I will make sure I ask.

thesaltedwound wrote:
Good luck and good luck! You've picked the best army. We'll be watching you. Try to get a battle report up ASAP, best way to learn where you're going wrong if at all, rules and tactics wise!

Thanks! I personally think I've chosen one of the meanest looking armies, however, i absorb bullets like sponge ><. I will try to post some battle reports and tactics of how I played a game against my opponents.  At this stage my record is:

Win against Dark Angels -  I played as a team with my mate who plays orks (we didn't worry about battle brothers and whatnot at that stage)

Loss to Orks - first game ever as solo

Win to Dark Angels - I played as a team with my mate who plays orks.

Win against Tau - I played as a team with my bro who plays Nids.

Win against Tau - solo

Win against Dark Angels - solo

Win against Nids - solo

Win against Dark Angels - i played as a team with my mate who plays orks

We are all relatively new to the game with SOME background. My mates played 40k YEARS back and I've played a little bit of game called WarZone.

I think I win most of my games as I'm pretty good strategist and most of the game I played happened to be objectives (and probably a bit of not getting rules right).  We also roll for random opponents therefore we create one list (we decide on points few days prior to game) so we never had an army for a specific list.

My usual list of 1500 looks like this:

HQ:
Archon - sits back and doesn't do anything (i've played games with haemonculus and WWP sitting with scourges but it was never THAT great) and I've played a game with Drazhar and Incubi but that was a fail as my rolls were shocking against Tyranids - most of them got wiped out with that guy that does burrow strike - he didn't kill all of me and misshapped and died which was nice) I'm yet to have a good game where my HQ is a badass.

Troops:
#1 10x kabalite warriors in a raider with disentegrator cannon, nightshield and splinter racks

#2 10x kabalite warriors in a raider with disentegrator cannon, nightshield and splinter racks

#2 10x kabalite warriors in a raider with disentegrator cannon, nightshield and splinter racks

Elites:

#1 4x kabalite trueborn with blaster 1x kabalite trueborn with default weapon in a venom with splinter cannon

#2 4x kabalite trueborn with blaster 1x kabalite trueborn with default weapon in a venom with splinter cannon

Fast Attack:

#1 razorwing jetfighter with 2 disintegrator cannons, 2 monoscythe missiles, 2 shatterfield missiles, nightshield and splinter cannon

#2 Reavers x 6 and 2 of them equipped with cluster caltrops

#3 Scourges 2xhaywire 2xblaster 3xdefault weapon

Heavy support:

Ravager with nightshield and disintegrator cannons x 3

I'm opened to criticism and suggestions Smile thanks
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and to Warhammer 40K   New to DE and to Warhammer 40K I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10 2015, 08:43

carnalio wrote:

1) If I jink with raider - I make snapshots on raiders weapon but the crew inside shoots at full BS, right?

2) If i add nightshield AND it's nightfighting - my jink is a 2+ or 3+ only?

3) shooting missiles out of razorwing - do i have to declare how many missiles I'm shooting? Let's say i have 4, do I have to shoot all 4 of them at once? What happens if I declare shooting 4 but my target is wiped out after 1.

4) jinking on razorwing - I can't shoot missiles because you can't snap fire template weapons, right?

1. That's right, yes.

2. Night shields and night fighting both grant stealth, and once you've got it, you've got it, so your jink is only 3+. The only situation where having it twice helps is against something like (ironically) us where our night vision rule allows us to ignore the effects of night fighting (but not ignore the stealth rule!).

3. You have to declare which weapons you're going to shoot and resolve them all at once, so no shooting missiles off one at a time.

4. That's right, yes.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
LanceDarkstrong
Slave
LanceDarkstrong

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and to Warhammer 40K   New to DE and to Warhammer 40K I_icon_minitimeSat May 09 2015, 22:59

It should be said you can only shoot 2 missiles a turn. Other than that. Welcome and thanks for posting. I learned things.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and to Warhammer 40K   New to DE and to Warhammer 40K I_icon_minitimeSat May 09 2015, 23:26

Where does it say that?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and to Warhammer 40K   New to DE and to Warhammer 40K I_icon_minitimeSat May 09 2015, 23:34

It doesn't anymore. That was a 6th edition rule that did not carry over into 7th.
Back to top Go down
LanceDarkstrong
Slave
LanceDarkstrong

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and to Warhammer 40K   New to DE and to Warhammer 40K I_icon_minitimeSat May 09 2015, 23:50

Oh my bad guys. Sorry. Did that end in 7th?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to DE and to Warhammer 40K   New to DE and to Warhammer 40K I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to DE and to Warhammer 40K
Page 1 of 1