THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Colorblind Need Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

Colorblind Need Help Empty
PostSubject: Colorblind Need Help   Colorblind Need Help I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 02:54

I'm going to be painting my archon soon. It is a 5th edition metal model. Since I'm colorblind, I'm having trouble picking out what colors to paint his cape. My paint scheme are straight out of the how to paint citadel miniatures book. So the color is kantor blue with highlights. I'm looking for a contrasting color for the cape but nothing to strong. I would like to stay away form black. I was wondering if white would work. I was looking at using white to paint the sails on my raiders and ravagers. Thoughts???
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind Need Help   Colorblind Need Help I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 03:12

I would check out a color wheel to help you out. What colorblindness are you? Sorry that's really the best advice I can give. I prefer complementing blue with green.

Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind Need Help   Colorblind Need Help I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 03:17

I have problems with blues, purple, red, green, and brown. Green would be an interesting color, especially a dark green maybe.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind Need Help   Colorblind Need Help I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 03:31

Basically if you have a dark blue a bright green is good if you have a bright blue dark green is good. Try to finish a triangle on the model, if you put green at one point try to have green on an opposite point of the model. likewise with any other color you use.

Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind Need Help   Colorblind Need Help I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 03:33

Thank u for the advice
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind Need Help   Colorblind Need Help I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17 2015, 05:48

Yea of course, ask away!!!

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind Need Help   Colorblind Need Help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colorblind Need Help
Page 1 of 1