THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Colorblind need help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

Colorblind need help Empty
PostSubject: Colorblind need help   Colorblind need help I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2020, 18:43

I am painting my army in the flayed skulls. I was thinking of using a brass or copper color for flooring on the venom and raiders. I used the GW app a lot. Would one of those colors work? I’m leaning towards copper bc I don’t want them looking to Khrony. Haha I made pun.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind need help   Colorblind need help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2020, 12:45

Ya, it can be hard sometimes picking colours. Personally I just went with custom paint schemes so that you cant be "wrong" Razz

IE my Ultra Marines are painted as "5th Company" which have never been seen outside of their banner. So I get to paint them however I want, just throw some black and blue somewhere and I am good! Very Happy

Going back to your original question, no clue. I am colour blind too.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind need help   Colorblind need help I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2020, 17:31

Copper seems a good choice, it is actually a material that the floor could have been made from.
You have any idea what will be the color for the hull?
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind need help   Colorblind need help I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2020, 17:08

Most of the hull will be red. The blades on the wing and the front section will be incubi green. Some of the smaller parts will have the Bone color. Sorry tried taking a picture and could not get it to load.
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind need help   Colorblind need help I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2020, 17:11

Fisheye I follow GW paint guides bc of my colorblindness as well for all my painting. Unfortunately it can only get u so far on things. I think the colorblind painters need to start a support group.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind need help   Colorblind need help I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2020, 17:37

red and copper seems a good fit.
I can't imagine how hard it seems to be for color blind people.....i'm not color blind but still i can't figure out my color pattern for my models!...i raise my hat to all of you!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind need help   Colorblind need help I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04 2020, 17:52

XD

Havent painted my grey highlights with pink in a while, hopefully I am not jinxing myself by saying that.

I much prefer doing my own paint schemes. Dont even try to follow the colour charts or read the colour on the paint pots. I am sure a bunch of my models look quite rediculus to other people, but I am happy. And that is my main goal.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colorblind need help   Colorblind need help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colorblind need help
Page 1 of 1