THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Fistful of Pain - 2k point army list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Painbiro
Kabalite Warrior

A Fistful of Pain - 2k point army list Empty
PostSubject: A Fistful of Pain - 2k point army list   A Fistful of Pain - 2k point army list I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12 2011, 09:19

Here is my 2k point army list.

HQ
Asdrubael Vect...........................................................240 pts
Lady Malys.................................................................130 pts

Total...........................................................................370 pts
Elites
7 Incubi + 1 Klaivex with Demiklaives, Bloodstone and Onslaught................................241 pts

Total.......................................................................................................................241 pts
Troops
9 Kabalite Warriors + 1 Sybarite w. Agoniser & Blast Pistol......................................175 pts
1 model has a Blaster, 1 has a Dark Lance
9 Kabalite Warriors + 1 Sybarite w. Venom Blade...................................................130 pts
1 model has a Blaster, 1 has a Splinter Cannon
9 Kabalite Warriors +1 Sybarite w. Venom Blade....................................................130 pts
1 model has a Blaster, 1 has a Splinter Cannon
10 Kabalite Warriors.............................................................................................130 pts
1 model has a Blaster, 1 has a Dark Lance

Total.......................................................................................................................565 pts
Fast Attack
4 Scourges + 1 Solarite w. Venom Blade...................................................................150 pts
1 model has a Haywire Blaster, one has a Blaster
5 Reavers + 1 Arena Champion w. Cluster Caltrops...................................................187 pts
1 model has a Blaster, 1 has Cluster Caltrops

Total.......................................................................................................................362 pts
Dedicated Transports
1 Raider with Flickerfields......................................................................................70 pts
1 Raider with Flickerfields......................................................................................70 pts
1 Raider with Flickerfields & Shock Prow.................................................................75 pts

Total.......................................................................................................................355 pts
Heavy Support
1 Cronos Parasite Engine with Spirit Vortex........................................................100 pts
1 Voidraven Bomber with Flickerfields & Night Shields.........................................205 pts
The Voidraven has 4 missiles

Total......................................................................................................................305 pts

Army Total..........................................................................................................2173 pts

The main idea behind this list is to wreck hell with first-turn deployment and initiative games, letting my opponent go first and seizing off him, redeploying where necessary. I am trying to cut down on the points a bit, but the Voidraven stays because of the Deep Strike (which helps my deployment shennanigans, getting Malys to put it in and out of reserve as necessary). And who doesn't like Lance lascannons?

The 175 point Kabalite squad was the first I assembled and I don't want to fork out for another to redesign it. Other than that, I'm fairly happy with it.

Comments & thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: A Fistful of Pain - 2k point army list   A Fistful of Pain - 2k point army list I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12 2011, 16:49

Ok, where to begin...

HQ: EXPENSIVE!!! You have so many points put into this, I know you want to try some weird stuff, but man thats alot of points in HQ... maybe you should try to shave one of those Special Characters off

Elites: Too many incubi, too many upgrades. First off if Vect/Malys is going with them, even with 5 they are going to blow out any squad. On top of it all you have them almost every upgrade. Use those points elsewhere to bloster a unit, or add a new one.

Troops: Only 4 troops in 2k??? Bad idea. Also drop all those Champs, you dont need them, as if your Warriors are in close combat, they are dead.

FA: No champs please... wasted points.

Also dont mix up weapons, Your effectively worsening your chances of getting something done. And on the reavers your not going to get your points back because with the Heat Lance you want to hunt tanks, but the Caltrops you want to TB over troops... Mixing does not help at all.

HS: Fine, but try to get a ravager in there with all those saved points.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Painbiro
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Fistful of Pain - 2k point army list   A Fistful of Pain - 2k point army list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13 2011, 12:33

Have edited the list - got rid of all but 2 of the squad leaders (the warrior squads I have already assembled, got all the other kits lying around)
Brought it down to 2013 points - not sure what to cut off to make another warrior squad, bearing in mind they will probably be stuffed in a Raider

Ditched 3 Incubi and the Bloodstone (hate template weapons anyway, even AP3 ones)

6 Reavers, 2 have cluster caltrops. This will likely be very nasty against units with bad armour saves (orks, nids, guard... dark eldar...)

Cut Night Shields off Voidraven, 6" won't do much anyway

Vect, Malys and the Incubi won't assault the same target anyway, I zoom them in on their Raider (the Shock Prow one, it Tanks Shocks continually after dropping off the passengers) and launch a 3-way assault. But you are right, too many Incubuses. They'll probably catch someone in a sweeping advance anyway.

Do you think I should drop the Scourges and replace with Warriors? Still a work in progress before assembling models, so keep up the advice Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Fistful of Pain - 2k point army list   A Fistful of Pain - 2k point army list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Fistful of Pain - 2k point army list
Page 1 of 1