THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Forge world models

Go down 
+4
Squidmaster
Jimsolo
spoo
Lord Puberis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Puberis
Hellion
Lord Puberis

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 19:53

Hi all,

Do Dark Eldar have any forge world/IA models, and which editions do they appear in?

I have seen the tantalus, and the reaper looks like it is of the same design as the raider.

I have heard there is a flyer, but don't know.

Thanks all

Jk
Back to top Go down
spoo
Slave
spoo

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 22:46

We have 3 forgeworld models - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Dark_Eldar

The tantalus is a big raider with a bunch of disentigrator shots and has a transport capacity of 16. The reaper is like a ravager, but has a single uber haywire shot. The raven fighter is a relic and based off of the 3rd edition model set before flyers were a part of the regular game. All 3 of them appear in imperial armor apocalypse.

At some point I'm planning on picking up the reaper and tantalus as centerpieces for my collection for possible use with themed armies/pickup games. Running 12 sslyth with an archon, haemy, succubus and shadowseer could make for a pretty nasty unit.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29 2015, 22:49

The Tantalus and Reaper are useful, although expensive. The Raven is an irrelevant piece of history, and definitely not worth a purchase.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 09:28

There are three Forgeworld/Imperial Armour units, and I recently had to contact Forgeworld to find out where the latest official rules for them can actually be found.

The Reaper (big haywire cannon on a Raider) and the Tantalus (massive ship with large transport and many DIsintegrator shots) are in Imperial Armour Apocaylpse.
The Raven (small flyer with a Heavy 10 Splinter thing) is in Imperial Armour Aeronautica.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 15:33

I want a Tantalus.

FYI all are legal in 40k games, just like a casteus assault ram(Sorry I love Black Templars and nothing says crusader like a flying assault ram).

Just so you know splinter racks are able to be put on a tantalus, and you can get the updated off from forge world if you google dark eldar tantalus....it has 5 HP and can do nasty things if it fly's over stuff
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 17:10

The Reaper also gets TGLs and Night Shields cheaper than any other unit.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 17:13

Reaper is busted in those terms.
Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 17:39

According to is apocalypse second edition you can't put splinter racks on tantalus
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 17:48

It was errated and, I know this means for crap but I will say it anyways, it is also showing up so on battlescribe.

Interesting note, raven strike fighter has vector dancer and staffing run.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 18:29

True, but it's grotesquely overpriced for it's armament.
Back to top Go down
Tittliewinks22
Hellion

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 05:02

JackKnife01 wrote:
It was errated and, I know this means for crap but I will say it anyways, it is also showing up so on battlescribe.

Do you have a source for errata? I can't find anything changing the IA apoc 2nd edition rulings to allow splinter racks. I would take them in a heartbeat if it was allowed, but the only source I find is battle scribe and that's not cannon.
Back to top Go down
macknight
Hellion
macknight

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 07:27

Tittliewinks22 wrote:
JackKnife01 wrote:

Do you have a source for errata? I can't find anything changing the IA apoc 2nd edition rulings to allow splinter racks. I would take them in a heartbeat if it was allowed, but the only source I find is battle scribe and that's not cannon.

According to army builder, the Tantalus can take splinter racks as an upgrade; you can always model it and not actually use it.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitimeFri May 01 2015, 09:35

IA Apocalypse 2013 is the most up to date version of the rules and there is no option for Splinter Racks, regardless of what Army Builder, Battlescribe or any other third party product may tell you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forge world models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge world models   Forge world models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forge world models
Page 1 of 1