THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What colors should I buy for an Obsidian Rose army?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mirarii
Hellion
Mirarii

What colors should I buy for an Obsidian Rose army? Empty
PostSubject: What colors should I buy for an Obsidian Rose army?   What colors should I buy for an Obsidian Rose army? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12 2011, 22:27

I'm starting Warhammer with a Dark Eldar army, and I absolutely love the looks of the Obsidian rose scheme. I saw the video on youtube about painting them, but they used Vallejo colors, and I'm trying to use GW colors. Can't really find out how to buy from Vallejo, and most of the stuff on their website is in Spanish, even when I use the English language flag.

So would anyone have an idea on approximate equivalents of these?
Vallejo Game Color:
Gory Red
Bloody Red
Orange Fire
Bone White
Black
Brassy Brass
Cold Grey

Valejo Model Air:
Gun

Vallejo Extra Opaques:
Heavy Red
Heavy Skintone
Heavy Warm Grey
Heavy Siena

(these might just be for the base though)Pigments:
Light Siena
Light Slate Grey

Or even better would just be a list of GW colors I might be able to use for this scheme.

This will be the first time I've ever played a wargame or painted models so I'm still trying to figure out what colors might work.

Some of my ideas going by the names and color swatches would be Blood Red, Red Gore, Blazing Orange, Skull White, Chaos Black for colors, Boltgun Metal replacing gun, Mechrite Red, but I'm not sure about the rest of the Opaques(I assume citadel foundations are the equivalents of an "extra opaque").

Finally would a citadel wash be the equivalent of a Vallejo Pigment?

Here are some pictures of the scheme if you might have an idea by view:
What colors should I buy for an Obsidian Rose army? 226560_md-Dark%20Eldar,%20Obsidian%20Rose
What colors should I buy for an Obsidian Rose army? 224536_sm-Dark%20Eldar,%20Obsidian%20Rose
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

What colors should I buy for an Obsidian Rose army? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What colors should I buy for an Obsidian Rose army?   What colors should I buy for an Obsidian Rose army? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12 2011, 23:14

Hello!

Here is paint compability chart digged from Dakka Dakka (link is in "tutorials" topic, sticked on top of this section, right above newest "normal" topic)

As for pigments... no, its different type of... painting material (and its used for different effect).
Back to top Go down

What colors should I buy for an Obsidian Rose army?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: