THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

An Eldar/ Haemonculus Coven 2000 points army need advice on updates.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erikjust
Hellion
Erikjust

An Eldar/ Haemonculus Coven 2000 points army need advice on updates. Empty
PostSubject: An Eldar/ Haemonculus Coven 2000 points army need advice on updates.   An Eldar/ Haemonculus Coven 2000 points army need advice on updates. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2015, 16:49

Before the new codex came out this was supposed to be a Haemonculus Coven/Iyanden list.
However since it seems that the Iyanden codex has gone the way of the dodo´s

I am questioning whether or not this list is still viable.
Haemonculus Covern
Grotesquerie 630
Haemonculus, Webway Portal, Sindriq´s Sump, Stinger Pistol, Scissorhand 130
4x Grotesques, Aberration with Agoniser 175
4x Grotesques, Aberration with Agoniser 175
Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield 75
Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield 75

Dark Artisan 395
Haemonculus, Webway Portal, The Panacea Perverted, Stinger Pistol, Scissorhand 140
Talos, Ichor Injector 125
Cronos, Spirit Prope 130

Scalpel Squadron 260
5x Wracks, Ossefactor 65
5x Wrecks, Ossefactor 65
Venom, Splinter Cannon 65
Venom, Splinter Cannon 65

Iyanden
HQ 210
3x Spiritseer 210

Troops 256
8x Wraithguard, Wraithcannon 256

Heavy Support 240
WraithKnight, Two heavy wraithcannons 240

Now the original idea was that The Scalpel Squadron would jump in at turn 1 and perhaps hide or assault a small unit to get first blood.
The Haemonculus of the Grotesquerie would join with the 8 Wraithguards and 1 Spiritseer and in turn two along with the Dark Artisan would jump in via Webway portal.
The other two Spiritseers would join with each their Grotesques and provide buffs and would along side the other units take their chances with Deep Strike.

Now i don´t know if this list is very useful any longer.
And i am considering throwing out the entire Iyanden part in exchange for the Wraith host formation.

There are both pro´s and con´s with this i see with this is

The Pro´s

The rule of every unit in the formation Re-rolling failed to hit rolls against enemy units within 18 sounds pretty nasty.

Since Webway portal is out of the question now, i can exchange the Haemonculus of the Grotesqueri with Urien Rakarth which would free up 20 points i could use on other things.
Plus Urien Rakarth delivers some pretty nice buffs to the Grotesques.

Battle Focus: the formation would get the shoot and run or run and shoot ability.

The Cons
Instead of only paying 706 points for the Iyanden part i will now have to pay 965 points for the whole thing, that means the Scalpel Squadron is out of the picture.

With only 1 Spiritseer i will be pretty vulnerable to Psychic attacks..well more then before.
Also since i won´t be fielding 3 spiritseers any potential buffs, they might have been able to give the Grotesques is gone granted Urien Rakarth might have be able to buff some of them but not all of them.

3 individual Wraithguard units means no webway portal which mean they will have to foot slog it across the battlefield and since they at best can only move 12 that´s still pretty slow.
Which means any competent player, will just avoid them or just stay just out of reach and blast them to tiny pieces before they can do anything.

(There is a rule under Forces of the craftworld called Matchless Agility where any Eldar running automatically gets a 6 when ever they run, but i don´t know if that still counts for them.)

So what do you think should i stick with the old list (if i still can, i don´t know if Spiritseers makes the Wraithguards troops or the Heamonculus Coven formations counts as troops) or should i go with the new one and sue the remaining 30 points on the Wraith Knight?
Back to top Go down
Fraust
Hellion
Fraust

An Eldar/ Haemonculus Coven 2000 points army need advice on updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Eldar/ Haemonculus Coven 2000 points army need advice on updates.   An Eldar/ Haemonculus Coven 2000 points army need advice on updates. I_icon_minitimeSat May 02 2015, 03:02

Why is the webway portal out? Just because you'll only have one portal and three squads?

I don't know exactly how the Iyanden supplement is worded, so I don't know how it interacts with the new eldar codex.

Matchless Agility is only applicable if part of a Warhost...so the Wraith Host isn't enough, you'd need a core choice (Windrider Host is the only one I can remember the name of, but there's one for guardian defenders and one for storm guardians too.) Just having the Wraith Host will give the wraiths Battle Focus though, allowing them to run d6 before shooting, so can extend their mobility a little.
Back to top Go down

An Eldar/ Haemonculus Coven 2000 points army need advice on updates.
Page 1 of 1