THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Historians?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
corn_cob_cabal
Slave
corn_cob_cabal

Dark Eldar Historians? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Historians?   Dark Eldar Historians? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 18:12

I'm in the beginning stages of assembling my kabal.  See introduction post HERE and first draft of an army list HERE.  What I'm wondering is whether DE have any historians.  Did they maintain any scholarly pursuits after The Fall?  How about scholarly pursuits that didn't involve torturing living creatures with poisons and scalpels?

I'm not sure I'm choosing the best words to ask this.  Perhaps sharing a bit of what I had in mind for a story would help.  In the days leading up The Fall, a murder cult based out of a museum was formed.  A highly-respected historian was the leader of the cult, which obsessed over/worshiped a mysterious idol of unknown origin.  Again, this is not really fleshed out, but the story might go something like... the museum was somehow transported to a private pocket in the Webway.  The cult built its fortress around the museum as its core, which still houses the baleful idol that whispers murder to those that listen.

Right, so does any of that sound feasible from a continuity-of-fluff point of view?
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Historians?   Dark Eldar Historians? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 19:35

I guess there might be some archons who have a weakness for the obscure but what you write about crys out loud "KHAINE".

It makes sense, since he is the only deity still held high in Commoragh (or, at least they don't feel any despite for him unlike the other gods), especiall in the Wych Cults if I remember correctly.

So what I could imagine is a lost temple or ruin of Khaine which might have served as a museum or a different kind of building, until The Fall was happening and DE started descending into absolute decadence and their extreme craiving for suffering and pain?

This might have lead the temple to be kind of "reactivated" and get fuled by the powers of Khaine, and as time went on, more and more people were drawn to this bloody relict from a different time until a true cult has been formed.

Maybe something like that?

I don't say I know everything about DE and their history, but I've recently read some WF novels too and there, Khaine is depicted as such a brutal and bloodthirsty god too. What is more, his followers actually really seem to gain more power (or just get high) from blood sacrifices and inflicting pain

Some might need correct me about those things, but I think this is pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
corn_cob_cabal
Slave
corn_cob_cabal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Historians?   Dark Eldar Historians? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2015, 19:56

Ah, "temple" or "ruin" sounds much more Dark Eldar-y than "museum!" Maybe it was originally a museum, and after the idol was brought there... and those closest to it began listening to the whispers... I guess once the hallways start running with blood, you've got a Temple of Murder on your hands!

II might make it ambiguous (that is, not mention Khaine specifically), just to add to the mystery of it.

Thanks for the input. The Kabal of the Baleful Idol is slowly taking shape....
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Historians?   Dark Eldar Historians? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28 2015, 21:45

Museum sounds very Lovecraftian, are you thinking of delving into a Cthlhu style of Mythos? I've done a similar thing with my dark elves and my dark eldar (Lovecraft fangirl). I would imagine there would be scribes or historians amoungst kabals if for no other reason than to try and find a way of one up-ing a rival.

Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Historians?   Dark Eldar Historians? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 13:46

Interesting angle, as our lot are physically immune to the passage of time (depending on consuming the anguish of the lesser races) there are plenty of residents of Commorragh who have first hand experience of historic events... Harlequins partly exist in a historical function; to preserve Eldar history and tell it as performance. There are probably paths associated with being an historian amongst the Craftworld cousins, who as we know, love devoting hundreds of cycles to boring pursuits.

A museum would need some interesting exhibits... A coven would come in handy...

Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Historians?   Dark Eldar Historians? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 16:30

The Hex would be the first to offer up an exhibit

Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Historians?   Dark Eldar Historians? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 19:47

With a gala opening!

Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Historians?   Dark Eldar Historians? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 20:30

A gala with a symphony of the cries of pain and squeals of the lesser races. How glamourous!

Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Historians?   Dark Eldar Historians? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 21:57

Who do I have to flay to get a ticket?

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Historians?   Dark Eldar Historians? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Historians?
Page 1 of 1