THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament Empty
PostSubject: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed May 27 2015, 12:29

So I'm going to a tournament this week end and I can't decide what list to play. I would like to get your inputs guys.

It's a team tournament, pair are drawn right before game 1. 1250 pts per army and you're considered to be ally of convinience with your partner. You can have has many detachment as you want but only from 1 source (note that supplements are considered to be from the same source as the main codex so coven unit and DE are ok). Super heavy and GMC are banned.

List 1
CAD
Lhameans in venom

4 x 5 warriors with blaster, Sybarite with HWG in venoms
5 Scourge with 4 HWB
6 Reavers with Caltrops

3 DL Ravagers

Pretty solide IMO but without any decent counter assault unit which cost me the last tournament when I played a static Dark Angels gunline.

List 2
CAD
Succubus Archite Glaive, HWG and armor of mysery
3 x 5 warriors with blaster, Sybarite with HWG in venoms
2 DL Ravagers

Grotesquerie
Haemonculus Sindris Sump, Scissorhand
4 Grotesques in raider
4 Grotesques in raider

This one has less shots but the grotesquerie is pretty solid. I would like to get NS on the raiders... maybe I will drop the Haemy's upgrades and a sybarite to get them.

List 3
CAD
4 Grotesques in raider with NS and AS
4 x 5 warriors with blaster, Sybarite with HWG in venoms
3 DL Ravagers

This one is a compromise. I get one venom and a ravager back but only get one unit of Grots and they are not from the Coven book so the PfP table is useless until turn 4. Despite having more shooting I fear it lack synergy since the grot are going to move forward unsupported while the rest of the army hang back and shoots.
Back to top Go down
Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed May 27 2015, 12:54

All three look pretty good. If you're wanting to bring a counter-assault unit, why not trying to add in a Dark Artisan? It's beefy enough to be able to drop in right on your opponents' front door and weather a turn or two of shooting while the rest of your army hangs back. Basically bringing what the grots are missing. So just alter list #2 to add in the DA and instead of the Succubus, have the Lhamean/venom unit.

For example: Lhamean/venom
3x5 Warriors w/blaster in venom
5 scourge w/4 HWB
2xRavagers w/3DL
Dark Artisan: Spirit Probe, Ichor Injector, WWP and scissorhand.
Total Points 1185 which gives you another 65 points to play with, which we can assume will be spent on another venom Wink

Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed May 27 2015, 13:08

I don't own a Chronos, that's pretty much the only reason I didn't considered it.

It's on my To Buy list along with more Scourge and some Mandrakes (the ournament scene here is crowded with White Scars bikers armies)
Back to top Go down
Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed May 27 2015, 13:41

I hear ya on the buying list lol. I just recently bought one just for a tourney and did it serve me well. Save those pennies!

Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeWed May 27 2015, 21:13

My money is on the second list - it has nice utility and is pretty elasitc, I would just lose sybarites - that's 45 points you can invest better (as haywire grenades are useful mostly on CC units), like getting Aethersails on your Raiders and kitting out the Haemy better, like giving him a Hexrifle to snipe characters or Liquifier to soften up mob targets.

Dirtydeeds
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 00:59

Learn from my pain, don't take grotesques to a tourney outside of the Coven supplement. That Pfp table is too crucial to the unit to pass up.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 02:13

That's why I don't think I'll take the third list.
Still debating between the first and the second. I fear the second will be light on AT, especially if I trade the Sybarite to upgrade the Grot's raiders.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 07:22

From personal experience in taking them, the haywire did anything in like 5-10% games, otherwise it was just sitting ther mastur... wasting points. And even if I did use it, it just added that last glancing hit, which the Blaster is good enough for.

Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 09:11

I like the first list. I agree that Grots are significantly better from the coven sup. Have u considered a razorwing.in the first list? Drop sybarites and one warrior squad for a razorwing with DL. This doesn't give you assault ability but definetly gives you some more versatility.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 12:34

Thanks for your inputs guys.
I think I'll go with something like list 2

CAD
3 x 5 warriors with blaster in venoms
2 DL Ravagers

Grotesquerie
Haemonculus Scissorhand
4 Grotesques (Aberation with scissorhand) in raider with AS
4 Grotesques (Aberation with scissorhand) in raider with AS

I'm still debating sacrificing some upgrades on the Grots or HAemy to give their raider NS.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 12:46

From the time I bought Grots, I filed them every single game and never once did I use NS - why? Because the Raider is just mobility platform, you should give less than two crap if it's destroyed, the AS are important as they can let you be where you need, when you need (additional 6' is not to be triffled with) but NS just sucks up points. I am actually happy when people shot at those Raiders, as it takes away shooting from more important targets.

Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 14:11

I would only like the NS in case I play second to ensure I'll get the chance to move accross the board. Nothing worst than Grots footslogging accross the board.

Without NS I may have to keep them in reserve if my opponents have a lot of firepower.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 14:27

I don't really see a 1250 points lists that can dish out so much solid shooting to validate that tought, unless Tau but then, NS can't save you anyway, because SMS and stuff.

Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 14:49

I agree with your new List #2. It appears that it will really serve you, and your team mate, well. Can you explain more about the blind date style tourney? Aside from your original explanation, is it the same missions from the BRB? I'm excited to hear how you do at this event and who/what you played with/against.

Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 14:54

There's not much else to say. We're going to play 3 custom scenarios designed by the store manager and a guy from our club (who's going to be the ringer). Knowing them, we can expect some wacky scenarios and I suspect they will add some Maelstorm type objectives. Other than that, the only thing I know is that we were split into two pools since they want to pair veterans with inexperimented players.

I'll post a summary of the tournament on sunday.
Back to top Go down
Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeFri May 29 2015, 15:17

Very cool! I might have to drop this idea to the owner of my local store.

Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 31 2015, 14:13

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12316-blind-date-style-team-tournament#138055

As promised, here's a link to the summary of my tournament.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament   1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1250 pts for a "blind-date" style team tournament
Page 1 of 1