THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Blind date style team tournament

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

Blind date style team tournament Empty
PostSubject: Blind date style team tournament   Blind date style team tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 31 2015, 13:43

This was a team tournament but the team were drafted just before game 1 hence the blind date name. I ended up playing with a cool Sister of battle guys and we had a blast.

My list:
CAD
Succubus archite glaive, HWG and Armor of mysery
3 x 5 Warriors with blasters in venoms
2 Raiders with DL

Grotesquerie
Haemonculus witg scissor hand and stinger pistol (only 5 pts upgrades available)
2 x 4 Grot with Aberation (scissorhand) in raiders with Aetheric Sail

My Partner (this is an approximation)
St-Celestine
2 troops in rhino
2 fast melta teams with multimelta rhinolike tank
3 Exorcist? tank (D6 S8 AP1 shots)

Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Blind date style team tournament   Blind date style team tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 31 2015, 13:43

Game 1

We played against a Necron / Grey Knights team

Necrons:
Overlord with 20 warriors on foot.
10 warriors in ghost Ark
5 Warrior in NightSchyte
5 Wraith
6? Destroyers

Grey Knight
Librarian
10 Termi
5 Termi
Dreadknight
Stormraven

The scenario :
Dawn of war Deployment
0-10 pts for the difference between victory points
3 points to kill both warlords
1 pts for line breaker (both member must be in the other deployment zone)
1 pts for first blood.

I didn't take notes so it's not going to be a turn by turn report.

They went first and deployed everything. I deployed everything out of range with my partner slightly in front of me. They did nothing on turn one and we very nearly wipped the Wraiths for first blood. They got it on turn two by destroying a rhino.

My two squad of grotesques assaulted his warrior blob, hoping to sweep his warlord of the table but it ended in a draw! (I had horrible dice roll and he was very lucky on his reanimation rolls). He then used his viel of darkness to escape on the other side of the table (both my raiders were down by then). The GK player wa shot off the table and the sister eventually killed the Necron overlord. I only lost my raiders and a ravager.

At the end it was 11 to 4 for the DE/SB alliance!

Last edited by Deamon on Sun May 31 2015, 13:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Blind date style team tournament   Blind date style team tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 31 2015, 13:44

Game 2

We played Necron and IG. It was against our local WAAC player and he was matched with another one from out of town. Sucky game as they were doing a lot of annoying things like changing facing of vehicles that had no room to pivot...etc

Necron :
Decurion
Overlord on barge
2 squad of warriors
1 immortal
3 bikes
4 Doomschythe

IG:
2 Leman russ, I think one was the HQ
2 squad of infantry in chimera
2 Basilisk
Vendetta
All with camo net behind an aegis line

Special deployment where each teamate deployed in opposite corners.

0-10 pts for victory points difference and 5 pts to control the objective in the middle.

We went first and I moved my raiders flatout right in the face of the IG players. A ravager shaked one fo the russ. My venoms shoot on the necrons killing 1. The grot and St-Celestine (with friends) cleared the parking lot. On the last turn I had my grots left with the haemy and 2 squads of warriors. The IG player only had his vendetta, and the necron onl lost his lord. My teamates had lost a couple of vehicles.

A squad of grotesque assaulted the warriors on the objective clearing them and circling the objective. On their turn, the vendetta went on hover mode contesting it. The whole necron army managed to kill the grotesque but we went one more turn which allowed my partner to contest the objective. In the end we splitted it and we had less than a 100 victory points difference.

Perfect Draw 7.5 to 7.5
I'm especially glad because the IG guard cheated flatout and we beat 2 power lists with DE and Sisters.

Last edited by Deamon on Sun May 31 2015, 14:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Blind date style team tournament   Blind date style team tournament I_icon_minitimeSun May 31 2015, 13:44

Game 3

You will never guess... we played Necrons! and Eldar

The necon list was nothing like the last
Overlord
Lychguards
Shard of Deceiver
Other C'Tan (forgot his name)
Something like 20 warriors
5 Immortals
6 Destroyer

Eldar:
Farseer on bike
A couple of windrider (only with shiruken catapult)
DA with WS
WG (D-Scythe) in WS
Crimson hunter
2 x 3 War Walkers

Hammer and Anvil deployment
1 objective in the middle of each deployment zone and one at the center of the table
7 pts if you controlled the objective in the deployment zones (1 with a unit of each player)
5 pts to control the central objective (with both warlords)
3 pts for linebreaker (need units of both armies)

We went first and a venom nearly killed a C'Tan (the others were in reserve). 1 squad of grot with the warlord went on the central objective. We tried to kill the WW but failed. The other Grot Squad went flatout right in their face. They eventually managed to wreck it. My grot cleared pretty much the whole necron army save for 1 destroyer and the C'Tans that were killed by the venoms. They called last turn in the middle of turn 4 which screwed us. We had the central objective, I was holding the on in our zone (well protected from the flatout move from the Windriders) and my grots were on their objectives. A squad of sister was 8" away from it two. The Eldar player parked the DA waveserpent within 3" of their objective. We were expecting to play turn 5 (and we had enough time imo) so the grot would have cleared the WS and the sister would have moved but oh well. We went for a 11.5 - 3.5 victory.

We placed second, right behind the team we played in game 2. A 15-0 in game 3 would have given us victory. All in all it was a fun tournament and I'm pretty happy with our preformance considering the match up and our team composed of "subpar" codexex.
Back to top Go down
Fulgrym
Hellion
Fulgrym

PostSubject: Re: Blind date style team tournament   Blind date style team tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07 2015, 03:56

Well done Daemon! Sounds like you had a blast. Way to bring glory to and fear of the DE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blind date style team tournament   Blind date style team tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blind date style team tournament
Page 1 of 1