THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Person, New project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1jz
Slave
1jz

New Person, New project Empty
PostSubject: New Person, New project   New Person, New project I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2015, 21:12

Hello, after scouring through realspace i have came across this place (first time here and i will most likely stick around from what i have seen project wise and how helpful people seem to be Smile. I had a seven year break from 40K but now i have returned to it, and even better returning with a Dark Eldar project. I am loving them so far both visually and gameplay wise.

I have also thought of logging my progress so far, both for any tips or shared ideas, but also self motivation, i have seen some wicked designs so far (excuse me for stealing some).

And here goes, my the picture is a bit blurry, never used to take pictures of my miniatures but just like my painting, it'll get better over time.

Hope you enjoy.

New Person, New project L9HvwNs
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: New Person, New project   New Person, New project I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2015, 21:20

Welcome to the Dark city Smile The dark eldar are a really hard army to master but alot of fun once you do, and they also have some of the best models GW has produced so far IMO.

your succubus looks good. Could I make a little suggestion? Maybe put a few tufts of static grass on the base, as otherwise it can look a little dark as the rest of your model is black too. Having the grass will actually help the mini stand out more.

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
1jz
Slave
1jz

PostSubject: Re: New Person, New project   New Person, New project I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2015, 21:23

Yes, i was also thinking about the static grass, i was also contemplating about putting snow there.

All in all its still a WIP, expect to see more updates soon, i'll try to keep them regular too. Smile
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: New Person, New project   New Person, New project I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2015, 21:35

Ok cool Smile. Maybe a mix of snow and grass would work nicely.

Just so happens I have just posted up a snow basing tutorial if you want to have a read Smile

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12335-snow-basing-tutorial

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
1jz
Slave
1jz

PostSubject: Re: New Person, New project   New Person, New project I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02 2015, 21:39

Great stuff, i'll have a gander. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Person, New project   New Person, New project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Person, New project
Page 1 of 1