THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Greetings from the shadowed lands of the Bataan!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Korthkor
Slave
Korthkor

Greetings from the shadowed lands of the Bataan! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the shadowed lands of the Bataan!   Greetings from the shadowed lands of the Bataan! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15 2011, 16:25

Hello there. I have been a 40K enthusiast on and off for around 12 years now. I have played with a number of armies (Tau, Eldar, Tyranids & Chaos), and I once fielded an Apocalypse sized force of 3rd edition Dark Eldar (around 3500 points). I grew quite bored of the Hobby about a year ago, and I fell out of practice with painting/gaming soon afterwards. It was only when the Dark Eldar were re-released that I came crawling back. I have taken a particular liking to the new models, as their armour (discarding the helmets) appears almost 'mongolian' in it's shape. The detail of the new models was also another aspect that brought me back into the hobby, as the previous GW models for the Dark Eldar were far too generic for my tastes.

I have been a sci-fi writer for a number of years now, but my hopes of getting published were dashed when I encountered my first spell of writer's block one year ago. Recently, I figured that the only way I could get back into my work was in putting my own fiction on hold in order to explore an easier angle of writing, such as fan art. It's a walk in the park compared to my own material, but, it has got me back into what I do best!

I have been slowly building a new Dark Eldar army for the past 3 months alongside my girlfriend who has chosen to take the ''virtuous'' path of the Eldar. We both have around 1000 points each, and we are currently fighting in a story driven campaign against eachother's armies. To add depth to our campaign, I have written over 10,000 words of material on both of our armies and the setting upon which they fight. Currently, my faction (known as the Bataan) are a landlocked nation of piratical Eldar, who seek to conquer the Skalavatchi (my girlfirend's tribe of Eldar-loyalists!) of the north. Strictly speaking, my army isn't particularly akin to the Dark Eldar in many ways, as they are fierce invaders, as opposed to stealthy raiders. I look forward to exploring the notion of 'planet-locked Eldar' with my campaign & stories in the coming months.

This website seems to fit the bill of everything I'd want out of a dedicated Dark Eldar forum - the rule about correct language pleases me the most! I look forward to contributing stories/battle reports (with pictures!)/tactics and my general experience with the Dark Eldar with the people of this forum.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the shadowed lands of the Bataan!   Greetings from the shadowed lands of the Bataan! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2011, 05:01

Welcome Korthkor, we have an excellent and imaginative community of writers here and I am sure that you will fit right in.

I hope that you enjoy it here in The Dark City, and I am looking forward to reading your work.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the shadowed lands of the Bataan!   Greetings from the shadowed lands of the Bataan! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2011, 15:04

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the shadowed lands of the Bataan!   Greetings from the shadowed lands of the Bataan! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the shadowed lands of the Bataan!
Page 1 of 1