THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dalakh
Hellion
Dalakh

Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky Empty
PostSubject: Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky   Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 14:56

So I was thinking : since the Open topped rule states that modifiers that apply to the transport also apply to it's passengers in the shooting phase and since MotSS gives a +1 to hit modifier, if you plan on using it on an embarked unit you should always use it on it's transport.

Pros over using it on the embarked unit itself are :
- the transport gets the buff too
- if there are several units on the transport, they all get it

Cons :
- Might get called cheesy
- Literally none, we are dark eldar after all

Thoughts ? Am I mistaken somewhere in my interpretation ?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky   Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 15:46

Since auras that affect the transport do not affect embarked units (page 5 of the BRB FAQ), my suspicion would be that the intention is that embarked units are also not affected by stratagems which target their transport. So while it seems to be allowed under the rules as written, I don't think it's intended that the single stratagem could apply to multiple units at once and would be very hesitant about doing so.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky   Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 18:16

So as Aura abilities dont affect units embarked on a Transport, whats about enemy Aura Abilities? Do you know if any models have a debuff Aura?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky   Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 19:43

AzraeI wrote:
So as Aura abilities dont affect units embarked on a Transport, whats about enemy Aura Abilities? Do you know if any models have a debuff Aura?

Quite a few do (e.g., our leadership debuff from Power From Pain round 5). The FAQ doesn't make a distinction between positive and negative auras so embarked units wouldn't be affected by either.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky   Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 20:06

Burnage wrote:
AzraeI wrote:

Quite a few do (e.g., our leadership debuff from Power From Pain round 5). The FAQ doesn't make a distinction between positive and negative auras so embarked units wouldn't be affected by either.

yes but that debuff doesnt really affect units embarked in a transport, i was thinking of something like a -1 to hit aura, but they usually work "outside of" instead of "within"
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky   Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 02:31

I would argue that the -1 To hit would apply to the unit inside as well. There is no aura affecting the vehicle. I would compare it to falling back. The -1 to hit modifier applies to the unit as well.

That being said, there is an argument to be made that since the unit is no longer embarked, the modifier goes away with the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky   Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Optimizing Masters of the Shadowed Sky
Page 1 of 1