THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)

Go down 
+13
Marquis Vaulkhere
speedfreek
red_head
Grub
Ciirian
Evil Space Elves
Mike
teknistmajjan
Sky Serpent
Local_Ork
GAR
Raucir Lustingclaw
Deneris
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grub
Wych
Grub

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 09:37

Really cool ideas, must have taken ages! (and a lot of spare cash!) The Venom is incredible. One suggestion would be that on the vehicles and skyboards, I would paint some black details on it (look at Saim Hann Eldar) It would help add a bit of depth to the model and I think let those fantastic conversions stand out more, its all too easy to lose the red wracks in a sea of red! Also where did you get the meat pile from?
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 02:58

The "meat pile" came from the WFB Vampire Counts corpse cart. That thing is a wealth of bits for Dark Eldar players...

Began assembling the "Clockwork Wyches" today, and should have a squad of 10 assembled by Sunday. Should have pics of them soon...

Also worked on the winged Haemonculi and the second Talos. The Haemonculi is just about done...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 002-16
...while I need to finish painting the Stinger Pod tail for the Talos (Other tail ends already completed).
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 03:04

Eagerly awaiting the "clockwork" Wyches. Nice stuff as always.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 03:23

Well, their title may make them sound more impressive than they are... lol. They'll simply be wyches with bio-mechanical arms and the "dome" full face masks to denote how horribly disfigured they may be under the mask... The leader of the squad WILL have four arms, though...

If I could find a decent Eldar-sized/styled bionic leg, I'd use them.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 03:27

Clockwork wyches? Sounds interesting.

Painting them all white with black boots and heads would be... puntastic

If I can suggest bits, Necron parts would be good.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 03:39

I was looking at Necron legs, but they're just a bit too long. I could make bionic legs from rod and wire, but they wouldn't have that Haemonculi-inspired goodness to them (Most "made" legs are great for Imperial/Marines, but not so good for Eldar...)
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 03:57

Deneris wrote:
Well, their title may make them sound more impressive than they are... lol. They'll simply be wyches with bio-mechanical arms and the "dome" full face masks to denote how horribly disfigured they may be under the mask... The leader of the squad WILL have four arms, though...

The dome masks are an absolute must. Do you have any more of the little arms from the Talos kit that you can use? Maybe you can use some of the extra arms from the Wracks that you used for your Ravagers. Looking forward to seeing them.

Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 02:56

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Deneris wrote:

The dome masks are an absolute must. Do you have any more of the little arms from the Talos kit that you can use? Maybe you can use some of the extra arms from the Wracks that you used for your Ravagers. Looking forward to seeing them.

Ask and you shall receive; I'm mostly finished the squad of Clockwork Wyches, and took some pics...

Group 1:
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 001-16
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 002-17

Group2:
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 003-17
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 004-11

Group 3:
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 005-11
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 006-11

And the leader:
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 007-11
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 008-6

Basically, most of the tubes/hoses come from the Talos sprues. A few of the hoses are chopped up Agonisers. I particulary like the two wyches with shoulder mounted weaponry...
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 03:31

You're a sick man...in a good way! Those look awesome!

Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 11:13

Those are incredible, kind of makes me want to start a coven army!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 11:27

Really nice work, those Wyches look great!
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 13:19

Those are brilliant. Consider that idea borrowed!!

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 16:37

Those wyches are so awesome, can't wait to see them painted.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 18:28

Ah yes, the painting; That's what I'm wondering about. Should I do their bodysuits in red, like the rest of the Coven, or should I do them in black, with red details and shoulderpads? The mechaincal arms will be metal, as will the guns/knives. Faceplates? No idea. Originally, I was thinking of doing them in metal as well, or maybe the same green I've using for tubes/hoses on previous models.

So, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 23:02

paint the leathery bits black and the armour red, maybe some gold/brass highlights on the arms- go for a steam punk style!

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2011, 04:27

I would paint the face plates as though they are filled with the green liquid like your other models. It might give them an even more disturbing appearance. In a good way of course! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2011, 10:19

Really nice wyches!

Dynamic and creepy and very suiting for your theme.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 03:16

Basically have the first four Clockwork Wyches painted, but waiting on basing them (and the whole squad) before I post pics...

I just received a box of Talos bitz from Gobsmacked, so i decided to add some more bits to the hekatrix and a few selected wyches. They now bear extra arms "over the shoulder" like the style of the new Urien Rakarth model. Also re-based the Hekatrix on a Carnafex head to make her stand out a bit...

A thousand pardons for the lack of pics, but my Talos ate my Photo-wrack...
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 04:27

Deneris wrote:
Basically have the first four Clockwork Wyches painted, but waiting on basing them (and the whole squad) before I post pics...

I just received a box of Talos bitz from Gobsmacked, so i decided to add some more bits to the hekatrix and a few selected wyches. They now bear extra arms "over the shoulder" like the style of the new Urien Rakarth model. Also re-based the Hekatrix on a Carnafex head to make her stand out a bit...

A thousand pardons for the lack of pics, but my Talos ate my Photo-wrack...

You toy us with no pics...EVIL! Looking forward to seeing them.

Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23 2011, 19:30

Ah, my dear ESE, I have been MOST remiss in keeping this up to date. BUT I have an excuse- I was hired by the most dreaded Archon Claus to supply a holiday gift for one of our brethern. Which brethern? Well, that would be telling, and our dear Claus gets most... unseasonable... if one breaks his rules of giving. All I CAN reveal is that the following modified Ravager IS soon to be winging it's way to the docking ports of some lucky Denizen...

Without further preamble, I present the "Holiday Ravager 2011 Model" from the Fleshlabs of southwestern Quebec...

Side view with magnetized Dark lances mounted...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 001-17

Close-up of the "pilot"...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 002-18

Top-down, Lances mounted...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 003-18

Front Dark lance and tentacles...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 004-12

Top-down, magnetized Disintegrators mounted...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 005-12

Close up of front Disintegrator...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 006-12

Right side, Disintegrators mounted...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 007-12

The model will be shipped unpainted, as I doubt I could duplicate whatever the giftee uses as a theme. The base is left unattached to prevent damage during shipping, and also in case the giftee desires to add a more decorative base than a standard GW base (The base IS included as that's the easiest option).

As always, comments and questions are MOST welcome...
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23 2011, 19:54

Wow. looks like some abomination that crawled out of a hive fleet, very very very nice.

Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23 2011, 20:32

Jaw...droped.

I can't tell you how awesome that model is and I am sure whatever lucky Commorrite receives it will be equally astonished. Great job Deneris.

Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23 2011, 21:03

Thanks folks. I was initially planning this bad-boy as my 2nd ravager, but the Secret Santa thing came up, and it seemed to be a good idea as it matched something my giftee said Wink...

...And I can always build an even gribblier one for myself... Bwahahahaha...
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 01:41

I...that's really...Um....I just crapped my pants! affraid That is freeking AWESOME! I really hope that you take some more pictures of that bad boy before you ship it off to the luckiest denizen of all time. I am seriously impressed and will be stealing much of this soon!

Oh, if I can volunteer to be a Wrack in your Haemi's modeling workshop...

Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 02:53

ESE- My Haemonculi has had some... setbacks... on the battlefield and could use you as a subject... ahem... "assistant"... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next