THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)

Go down 
+13
Marquis Vaulkhere
speedfreek
red_head
Grub
Ciirian
Evil Space Elves
Mike
teknistmajjan
Sky Serpent
Local_Ork
GAR
Raucir Lustingclaw
Deneris
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) Empty
PostSubject: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2011, 02:14

I actually wanted to build a Haemonculi army back when Dark Eldar first came out, but there was a marked lack of models (Only the Pre-wrack "Grotesques", a few haemonculi, and Urien). So the idea went on the back burner while I dabble with mon-keigh in power armor...

Then one day after an Apocalypse brawl at the FLGS, I noticed a NEW Dark eldar codex, and on a whim, bought it. That was only the beginning...

Oddly enough, the actual first models for my Haemonculi Coven were converted Hellions...

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 009-3

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 010-1

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 011

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 012-2

Rather simple conversions- Lop the robed legs off the Wrack, and carve the lover torso/hip area to fit the Hellion legs socket. Also lopped a few arms off the wracks so that they could "properly" wield the Hellion weapons. My goal here is to have a full squad, possibly led by a converted Baron Sarthonyx...
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2011, 08:48

They look great but damn that's an expensive set of conversions. o.o I love the skyboard angle on the first fellow - Hellions really should look dynamic.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Raucir

Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16 2011, 16:03

The path of the Haemonculus is not a cheap one... lol. Damn wracks and Grots being finecast...

I wanted the 'boards to look like they're being used as offensive weapons, as well... Normally I'd put blood-splatter on them, but with my already-red color-scheme...

Projects done:
-Scourges
-Venom
-Haemonculi
-Rakarth conversion to female
-First unit of Wracks
-First unit of Grotesques
-Weaponized Wracks (used as Trueborn with Blasters)
-Two chronos
-First Talos

Projects still to do:
-Bio-mechanical Wyches
-Bio-mechanical Razorwing
-"Meat wagon" Ravager
-Bio-mechanical Reavers.

EDIT: The Grotesques were the next lads I put together- I guess I'm going by "the rule of cool"... lol

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 009-4

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 008-3

Fellow in the middle of the second pic is my Aberration with 4 arms... I found that Orc arms are JUST the right size for Grotesques. The aberration uses the "hand" bitz from the Talos sprue- I had two left over after building the Chronos.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18 2011, 21:10

Painted up an entire squad of Hellions. The fellow with the odd-looking skyboard and extra arms is my Baron Sarthonyx...

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 007-7
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 17:54

When I first saw the conversion I was quite impressed. Those do look really good.

Now that I see the painted Hellions, they look just bloody sick. I know the colors are not anywhere near, but I am reminded of the floating bad guys guys from Dark City or the cenobites from hellraiser.

There's just a feel to them..

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21 2011, 04:08

GAR wrote:
When I first saw the conversion I was quite impressed. Those do look really good.

Now that I see the painted Hellions, they look just bloody sick. I know the colors are not anywhere near, but I am reminded of the floating bad guys guys from Dark City or the cenobites from hellraiser.

There's just a feel to them..

Thanks! Very Happy

Fluff-wise, I imagined these lads as the "hunting dogs" of my Haemonculi leader; They go out and track down choice specimens. The helliarch is armed with a stunclaw for that very reason... I imagine they came into being when my Baron-equivalent approached my haemonculi and asked her to make his pack "stronger and feared by all"... He got his wish, but now he and his lads are thralls to the Haemonculi...
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21 2011, 17:07

Next up... What a haemonculi creates when he doesn't like the standard Venom...

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 001-10

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 002-9

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 003-10

Basically, it's a Talos/chronos model altered to carry troops. I simply left off the carapace, and added the deck and railings from a Venom. The Splinter Canons were donated by the Talos sprues, as were the "tentacles" that will count as chain-snares. On the battlefield, it usually carries a Haemonculi and 4 "weaponized wracks" (Trueborn with Blasters).

The weaponized wracks...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 003-11
Simple conversion- Scourge blasters and wracks cut to fit each other...
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21 2011, 17:31

Venom looks good (idea is... wow, just wow), but You probably need to enlarge it a little due to WAAC players arguments about conversions (it's 0.00000001% smaller, IMBALANCE!)

To be honest I would add armour plates on "non-Wrack Wracks", maybe paint "truwracks" little different too (like main colours are black and leather, with red tattoos and details) ... Just for the sake of sanity.

Another advice from fellow Fleshsculptor - check out different models that looks close to Wracks... but ain't exactly ones.

Like those guys (click to enlarge)
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) Cephalyx-drudges-CLPD

Those are Cephalyx Slaver and Drudge Mind Slaves from Warmachine. Metal models, mind You. Cost nearly as much as 5 Wracks (thay are ~$1 more expensive) but You also get Slaver Haemonculus. As You can see they are "M for MANLY" kind of models too, so may make prefect Acolythes. (I actually plan to recast those in resin use for Scourges)

Also check similar topic

Anyway I really dig Your army.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21 2011, 17:58

Local_Ork wrote:
Venom looks good (idea is... wow, just wow), but You probably need to enlarge it a little due to WAAC players arguments about conversions (it's 0.00000001% smaller, IMBALANCE!)

To be honest I would add armour plates on "non-Wrack Wracks", maybe paint "truwracks" little different too (like main colours are black and leather, with red tattoos and details) ... Just for the sake of sanity.

Another advice from fellow Fleshsculptor - check out different models that looks close to Wracks... but ain't exactly ones.

Those are Cephalyx Slaver and Drudge Mind Slaves from Warmachine. Metal models, mind You. Cost nearly as much as 5 Wracks (thay are ~$1 more expensive) but You also get Slaver Haemonculus. As You can see they are "M for MANLY" kind of models too, so may make prefect Acolythes. (I actually plan to recast those in resin use for Scourges)

Also check similar topic

Anyway I really dig Your army.

Thanks! Smile

So far, no complaints from the guys at the FLGS about the Vemom-Talos... poor thing dies just as easily as a standard Venom... Rolling Eyes

I WAS debating adding Hellion shoulder-pads to the "weapon wracks" to make them a bit more bulky...

It's rather odd, but my "basic" wracks are rather FAR from basic... lol
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 009-5
My wracks are a combination of Kroot legs and torsos, Chaos warrior heads, and assorted arm bitz from my bitz box... the old gitz in here might recognize the ork chainswords used as the hands on one fellow (The acothyst, actually)... They look "furry" as I experimented with flock as fur... lol
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22 2011, 00:50

Really like what you've done with your Venom, a truly original idea. The size shouldn't be too much of a problem though if a situation occurs where its 50/50 in LOS just give them that one.

Liking the 'basic' wracks too, took me a few seconds to realise they are actually conversions.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22 2011, 21:57

I like that you made something new here and brought out some strong red Dark Eldar. Looks cool.

The top of the Talos is pretty nifty aswell.

Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2011, 05:05

The Talos? Yeah, I rather like him too, as he was my first big critter for my Dark Eldar...

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 004-6

Wasn't crazy about the trophy racks (I likes the smooth carapace look), but needed to fill those holes. So I decided to mount some chain dispensers on him (The chain flail reels along with dangling chains/hooks). Fellow hasn't died in a game yet...
Back to top Go down
Mike
Slave
Mike

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2011, 23:07

Awesome conversions! Really an army with lots of character, the extra effort certainly pays off.

Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 04:38

Sadly, no pics for this update (yet), but my order from MiniWargaming came in, so I started to put together my first "Meatwagon" Ravager for my coven; Fluffwise, the meatwagon collects choice specimens, alive and dead, from the battlefield. The guns are to subdue the friskier specimens and/or drive off other scavengers...

So far, it's just a basic Ravager, but I intend on adding the bodies from a VC Corpse Cart...
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 04:46

That Talos/Venom is just SICK! Nice work, though my wallet cringes at the cost of being that awesome.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 20:53

Evil Space Elves wrote:
That Talos/Venom is just SICK! Nice work, though my wallet cringes at the cost of being that awesome.

Actually, it was about as expensive as a Talos- The Venom railings/floorplate came off eBay for about 2 dollars (US). The rest of the kit is all from one Talos box....

Managed to get some pics of my "Meatwagon" ravager (and yes, this is a bit more expensive as those Wracks don't come cheap)...

The pilot wrack, mounted on a base for better painting...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 001-11

One of the side gunners. I've magnetized it so I can swap in Disintegrators as needed...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 002-11

The "meat"- choice "specimens" gathered from the battlefield. I need to add more dangling arms and legs to make it truly horrific-looking...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 003-12
...You can also see where I've magnetized the sail. That was more by accident than design, as I managed to snap the sail off it's mountings but decided it might be cool to swap sails around...
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 00:05

Where did you cut the Wrack model so it would fit so well with the Kabalite parts? Thinking of doing something similiar for my Ravagers.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 02:44

Basically, you cut the wrack along the metal plates that form a triangle on it's "lap". You then simply trim the hip area so that it fits into the "socket" of the Kabalite legs. If the legs don't have a socket (as per the Raider/Ravager standing crew), simply use a craft knife to hollow one out. It might take a bit of carving with your craft knife to get the join looking "right"...

You can see what I mean a bit more clearly with this Hellion conversion...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 010-1
Thankfully, the wracks already come with one arm "off", so it's a simple matter to trim off the attached arm with clippers, then simply glue on other DE arms as needed...
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10 2011, 04:12

I might borrow the idea of converting Wracks into gunners for my Ravager. My army has no warriors and that was the biggest thing throwing me off with how to assemble/paint it. A great idea for a Haemon-themed army.

Due to a major problem with my first batch of finecast Wracks I have 4 that I thought were too much work to fix, but would make great gunners for a Ravager.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11 2011, 02:43

Well, I'm almost finished my "Meatwagon" Ravager...

Added the torches from the Corpse Cart for that extra bit of color. I liked the Blade keels so much I used one as the ram up front...
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 001-12

Driver-
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 003-13

Front gunner-
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 004-7
(You can also see the "meat"/specimens just behind the gunner)
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20 2011, 03:35

I've been remiss in not keeping this project log up to date, thousg I DID post the pics of those Demi-Wracks I put together....

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 008-5

Currently I'm working on my second Talos. As an homage to the original Talos, this one will have a "victim" being tortured/rendered by the Talos' secondary arms. I'm also going to magnetize the tailgun, so I can swap out weapons as needed. Sadly, no pics yet, but I'll have some soon.

I've also been toying with the idea of a Ravager with only one crew member; He's basically hard-wired into ALL the barge's weapons...

I'm also waiting on a bitz order to begin my Neo-Wyches; Wyches that have been re-animated by my Haemonculi and made "better" with bio-mechanical "updates". Sadly, it leaves them rather lacking in the free-spirit department, being little better than cyborg killing machines...
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 23:47

Finally remembered to bring my camera to my fleshlab and get some pics...

First up, my second Talos:
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 001-15

Close-ups of the "victim":
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 002-15

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 007-10

As you can see, I cut a hole in the Talos' back, then found a suitable-looking body to stuff in there; He's from the VC Corpse Cart, but has had his skull head removed for one that seems to be screaming in pain/terror... The chains and restraining device come courtesy of the Talos' chain-flail arm. I added the secondary arms as torture devices (and to fill the holes in the carapace).

The only other conversion on the talos is his close combat arm:
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 003-16
...I liked the look of the syringe, and it added to his "doctor's assistant" look, so I grafted it onto the side of the CC arm.

Next up we have two of my Haemonculi. I tend to work on these guys when the units are drying/bonding...

Good ol' classic:
The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 005-10

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 006-10

And one of the new haemonculi with a Hellion head-swap, scourge wings and Agonizer, Talos secondary arms, and a Liquifier from a Wrack...

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) 004-10

Questions and comments are welcome, as always...
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22 2011, 00:29

The new talos with victim looks really great. Deffinatly can tell that the victim's scared, cant wait to see it painted. I like the new Haem as well, he looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 03:56

Once again no pictures, but a good amount of progress-

Almost finished painting the 2nd Talos. Had a bit of a set-back when I dropped the almost-done Talos on the floor and, of course, his flying stand shattered... Now just need to finish painting all the weapon tail pods. Have done the Splinter canon and heat lance. Had to remodel the Stinger Pods as the underslung vials didn't fit.

Also working on the winged Haemonculi. I've decided to do him in Blood Angel colors (White wings, red robes), as he finds it pleasing when Blood Angels hesitate to fire on something that looks SO much like their beloved Primarch from a distance... I've decided the Haemonculi even went so far as to implant gold thread in his head to look like some golden vision of Sanguinius...
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 04:00

That converted Talos is AWESOME. I would steal the idea if I actually had the talent to pull the conversion off. Looking forward to the painted pics.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)   The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sanguinaria Varia of Naria Rakarth (Haemonculi Coven Army)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next