THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese

Go down 
+30
kidfist0
The Strange Dark One
amorrowlyday
Scrz
egorey
Apsinthos
Ispa
Archon Rievect
Hellstrom
doctorz
The_Burning_Eye
mightydoughnut
Skulnbonz
thesaltedwound
HERO
urden93
ligolski
Mushkilla
Painjunky
Azdrubael
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
The PayneTrayn
1++
CurstAlchemist
sweetbacon
JackKnife01
Klaivex Charondyr
Jimsolo
Gobsmakked
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2015, 17:28

Do Grav Cannons ignore cover? I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2015, 17:31

No they don't. They are Salvo, concusive, graviton.

Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2015, 17:35

Nope but with grav amps (auto-included) you reroll wounds and ultramarines let you reroll hits of "1".
Which means on average one of the 2 dev. squads will get even an Wraithknight in cover killed.

And it still leaves you enough points open to get 2 gladius detachments for 18 objective secured units (including around 500 points of free vehicles as formation bonus)
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2015, 18:01

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
Nope but with grav amps (auto-included) you reroll wounds and ultramarines let you reroll hits of "1".
Which means on average one of the 2 dev. squads will get even an Wraithknight in cover killed.

And it still leaves you enough points open to get 2 gladius detachments for 18 objective secured units (including around 500 points of free vehicles as formation bonus)

Anything that makes our craft world cousins less popular is a good thing as far as i'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2015, 18:03

As good as the coice between black plaque and cholera?
Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2015, 18:36

this formation is basically the property of the darkeldars but hell no give it to marines...i realy dont care i just wont feel a litle drop of remorse when i spam combined Eldar&Deldar cheese against marine players, their tears shall quench my thirst till Wych cult Formations arrive with similar stuff
for countering it maybe aplying some decoy MSU units(minimal reavers, minimal windriders, mandrakes, rangers) for DS blocking
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2015, 18:38

urden93 wrote:
this formation is basically the property of the darkeldars but hell no give it to marines...i realy dont care i just wont feel a litle drop of remorse when i spam combined Eldar&Deldar cheese against marine players, their tears shall quench my thirst till Wych cult Formations arrive with similar stuff
for countering it maybe aplying some decoy MSU units(minimal reavers, minimal windriders, mandrakes, rangers) for DS blocking

They could solve this by giving us the Stormsurge as a regular formation.
Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2015, 18:53

Jimsolo wrote:
urden93 wrote:

They could solve this by giving us the Stormsurge as a regular formation.
thats the WD only one? That one is pretty neat i have that WD :3 however LD shenanigans still have near no effects on stupid marines i mean if they are terrified to their bones with a massive -5 LD (or better with Hemlock/Harlies/Warlock/Freakish Spect) aura than at least we could sweeping advance them off the table Razz
but to not go too OFF,
we cant controll this formation, if we null deploy they simply arrive 2nd turn if we have anithing under AV12 on table thats gone due to S6 grenades AND deva fire, best chance are probably a grotesquerie in cover within raiders so enemy wastes all he has on those rest gamble on DSing on 2nd turn if it comes
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 03:28

I was waiting for this post.. and yes, I've see it. Looks horrible to play against.

In fact, I'm pretty sure most of 40K is like that now. They're all pretty horrible to play against.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 06:51

We got a special white dwarf formation? My slave never told me! I need to punish him accordingly. Can you help me out fellow Archons where to get the info?
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 07:11

Sadly I think the best way to counter this is asking to see their webstore receipt.
I swore I wouldn't use a book I saw as so OP as the Craftworlds one, but if the guys around me start buying into this kind of thing I might just have to get myself some allies to keep up. It makes the craftworlders seem very reasonable by comparison.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 07:13

CptMetal wrote:
We got a special white dwarf formation? My slave never told me! I need to punish him accordingly. Can you help me out fellow Archons where to get the info?

I wouldn't get too excited. It's Apocalypse only.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 07:19

White Dwarf 15

Back to top Go down
urden93
Kabalite Warrior
urden93

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 07:21

CptMetal wrote:
most probably cus its an apoc formation Sad but its in the Valedor WD,
1 Archon
3 Kabalite unit(normal or trueborn)
3 units of Reavers
every infantry must be embarked on a raider,
2 benefit:
-enemy within 12" from a unit from this formation when it deploys has -3LD till next turn
-all formation must kept in reserves they arrive in turn1 with the archons raider placed anywhere and the rest whitin 12" of the bossraider(all must be on open ground& 1"+ from enemy), Raiders have the strafing run and treated as zooming flyers till next turn, jets count as turbo boosted but still can shoot
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 07:22

thesaltedwound wrote:
Sadly I think the best way to counter this is asking to see their webstore receipt.
I swore I wouldn't use a book I saw as so OP as the Craftworlds one, but if the guys around me start buying into this kind of thing I might just have to get myself some allies to keep up. It makes the craftworlders seem very reasonable by comparison.

My fervent hope is that the first round of codexes was just part cash grab and part shoring up their IP holes following certain legal disputes. It looks like the codexes now are all getting beefed up to a more or less equal tier of badassery. Granted, those of us at the back of the bus are still getting shafted, but it means there is a tiny light at the end of the tunnel, with a shiny book with metaformations and hardcore pay to win downloads for us, too.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 07:38

Well I sure hope so Jim, because like you, I got into this game to prove that both my wallet and my reserves of brand loyalty are literally infinite.

Isn't power creep is such a trip. They can never go backwards. No part of me can imagine what the game will look like in five years.

Anyway. Nothing really changes for me. My MSU approach is still probably the best I can muster against anything, including this, and I doubt I'll ever play against it anyway. Best of luck to all the tournamenting Archons out there.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 08:22

Looking back into one f my armies:

2nd Edition Chaos:
Wonderful codex. tons of Fluff containing Mutants, CSM, Daemons and Traitors.

3rd Edition Chaos:
WTF. About 20 pages, worst read ever.

3.5 Chaos:
Very good. They acknowledged that their 3rd edition codex was an atrocity and remade it better with more flavor and added to the power level.

5th edition Chaos:
No more daemons. They basically took out all the fun out of 3.5 and returned to 3 with more pages.

6th edition Chaos:
Basically a remake of 5th edition.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 08:43

Well as an AdMech fan I was delighted that I got an army book. Disappointed that it was split over two books that need a wonky white dwarf formation to get the full army working together. Sure there are some gems but honestly I feel like the dark eldar codex and coven supplement were better. Sad when new army already feels old. These books came out after necrons but without a decurion style formation. It really feels like GW had a massive backlog of stuff they just needed to get out of the door.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 08:53

That is because AdMech is not a full amry in itself but rather a small faction like Harlequins was.
And im pretty sure if they ever release genestealer cult this will also be a small faction without decurion.
They are basically meant to ally in with the option of being a semi-viabl stand alone army.
I do not expect much from the small factions but I fully expect the main armies to work at an even level from one codex.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 09:11

Small faction with 13 different types of units (only one of which is an independent character)? That's a lot more variety than my grey knights! Wink
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 09:30

That may be so but I have a feeling that Inquisition, AdMech, Harlequins, Knights and Militarum Tempestus are meant to be mixed with their main factions books most of the time intead of beeing pure stand alone.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 13:10

I want to talk to whoever wrote our codex, in a locked room, with a baseball bat.

The only possible defense is a bubblewrap with a couple big units of khymerae (gravs wound on 6's and we still get a save)Then counterpunch.

Sadly, if he goes second, and chooses turn 2, you cannot move until your turn 3.

Way to go GW.

Oh, and corpsethief? Have you seen what grav guns do to corpsethief?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 13:15

Guess it gives me an excuse to dust off my Khymerae...
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 13:36

Hellions!
Still no?
Ok...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2015, 13:38

What are these Hell Lions you speak of?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese   Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mon'keigh Skyhammer formation - countering the new cheese
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next