THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How often do you win with Dark Eldar?

Go down 
+20
FuelDrop
Elzadar
The_Burning_Eye
Massaen
Calyptra
Mushkilla
The Shredder
Scrz
Count Adhemar
amishprn86
JackKnife01
Raven Cowl
CurstAlchemist
Hellstrom
@miral
chickendinner
CptMetal
Klaivex Charondyr
Nariaklizhar
Jimsolo
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How often do you win your games with Dark Eldar?
Almost always
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba1322%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba15
 22% [ 13 ]
I win more than I lose
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba1328%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba15
 28% [ 16 ]
About 50-50
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba1328%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba15
 28% [ 16 ]
I lose more than I win
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba139%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba15
 9% [ 5 ]
I almost never win
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba1310%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba15
 10% [ 6 ]
Other/confused/no opinion
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba133%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Voteba15
 3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 58

AuthorMessage
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 14:07

The Shredder wrote:
Out of interest, Mush, have you tried any other lists with the new book?

Dabbled with reaver spam, but serpent spam was too painful a match up. Might give it a go now that serpent shields are one use only. Other then that, no I haven't really played around with anything other than coven this codex.

Currently I'm quite distracted by AdMech... Sad

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell

Last edited by Mushkilla on Mon Jun 22 2015, 16:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 14:24

Ad Mech looks quite interesting. Especially now Cult Mechanicus is out and they have an actual HQ choice. Razz

I saw a post recently that said they were basically Skaven. Which made me want to make a converted Skaven army for them...
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 14:47

To be honest AdMech are so so. Kinda got the same deal as dark eldar and grey knights. The only thing that makes them really strong is allied drop pods and the combined detachment that allows free wargear and everything to benefit from canticles. As I don't plan on fielding either i am just as disappointed with their codex as I am with ours and my grey knights.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 14:55

Ah, that's a shame. I've only seen a bit of the books so far, as one of my friends allied Skitarii to his Iron Hands army. Though, one frequent comment by other players was that the best way to improve it would be to remove the Skitarii.

At the very least, I think it was a real mistake to split them into 2 books. Even combined, they have far less content than a standard codex.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 15:07

I keep track of my games as well. So far this year I've played 13 games. I won 7, lost 5, and tied 1. (I was doing better, but just had a sudden losing streak.)

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 18:01

So you're saying I'm lying @Char? The Eldar lost because of mission victory points and because I killed his units...

Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 18:22

I say this could be because the Eldar player did draw bad random cards or "got carried away", and as you seem to be very picky about how you count your losses, it could perfectly be that this was not a loss your opponent would count as such.
Also I'm really curious (as my Eldar are still undefeated since the new dex) what did you bring and what did your opponent bring.
Also context matters. I try to get around 8 games a month. I really play A LOT and most of my opponents are tournament players.
The ting that varies are army lists. While my DE army basically stays the same no matter if it is a tournament preperation game or a casual game (there is really not much variety -> spoiler army) the results vary depending on my opponents game mode and list.
So basically yes, I could possibly maintain a 90% winrate if my opponents chose a more casual style while Im play the same maxed out army as always. But as I do play against maxed out armies a lot of times this will not happen.
Also read most posts here in tactics. "You need Grotesquerie/Dark Artisan/CTC". Never ever heard "You need more Wraithlords"
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 18:57

Oh, the fact that you play much more than me makes you superior. I see.

I'm just sick of this whine fest. Yes I know, our codex isn't OP. I know! Does it chance anything wishing it was different? No. Doing something, would help. I thought about incorporating Eldar, paint them the same way and modify them to make them dark Eldar Castigators or create Eldar pirates.

He brought a wraith lord, wraith guard, several serpents etc.

I brought several Venom squads, Ravager and 9 mandrake.

Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 19:04

Quote :
Oh, the fact that you play much more than me makes you superior. I see.

Where did you read that?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 23:18

What are our "two cookie cutter builds?"
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 04:26

I too would like to know what our cookie cutters are? I play tournament going lists as well. I see them all the time and still have 4-2 and yea I know it is 66 percent but still. Oh and I don't run grots nor talos. Now two of my loses were to eldar, no shame in that. It was close, but a loss is a loss. It was to jetbike spam as well. One brought a knight the other brought three flyers and dark reapers with warp spiders.

Now I could say my dice were against me etc. Heck even the guy I was playing made a note of that! I still count the loss with no shame. I will say I love my dark eldar. I use raiders, not venoms. I don't play coven, though I could. I play people who play at nat level tournies and they do rather well. Not winning or top 12 but winning records.

My point is, instead of focusing on how bad the codex is. Get better. Simply put. I am not saying I am great, record shows otherwise, but I don't hop from army to army either. I like challenge and as 4chan says, this is 40k on hard mode. Learn the curve or be crushed.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 04:46

I assume one of the cookie cutter builds is Venom spam (9+ venoms with triple ravage and as many blasters/lances as possible).

The other could be grotstar I guess?

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 05:22

I dunno. Totally mystified. Between Reavers, the Coven formations, Venom spam, Razorwing Spam, Grotstars, before you even get into allies, I can think of a host of potentially competitive lists. If other people think are options are so limited, I'm curious to know what those limitations might be.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 05:35

I can think of a few. I guess he means Venom Spam and Taxi Archon.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 08:08

Jimsolo wrote:

You have basically Venom MSU spam or you try to spam Grots. Everything in between is too matchup dependent.
That is of course without allies. If you want to go the allie route, it opens up a lot of possibilities which are still strictly worse than just pick Eldar + Archon + WWP
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 12:49

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

You have basically Venom MSU spam or you try to spam Grots. Everything in between is too matchup dependent.
That is of course without allies. If you want to go the allie route, it opens up a lot of possibilities which are still strictly worse than just pick Eldar + Archon + WWP

My tournament record is two wins, one loss, the loss against Eldar where I did feel let down by my dice (I may still have lost with average rolls, but they certainly made the margin of victory worse) and one of the wins against an eldar aspect list with three min-sized scatter laser jetbike units. THe other win was against mechanised guard in a maelstrom style mission.

My list is in no way cookie cutter as described by this thread, in fact it's a pretty balanced force i think

HQ
archon + urien

Elites
3 grotesques in lance raider

Troops
two venom warrior squads with blasters
two lance raider warrior squads with just splinter rifles

Fast attack
Razorwing
haywire scourge squad
heat lance scourge squad

Heavy Support
Talos with haywire
2 lance ravagers

when I say the dice didn't go my way, as an example I fired all those lances at a wraithknight on turn 1 of my first game without scoring a single wound for my opponent to try and save

that's the list that I win more than 50% of my games with (haven't checked the actual %age, but I do keep track)

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2015, 23:47

amishprn86 wrote:
Depends Is eldar in the league or not XD

Ha I won last time I played against them Wink

FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 00:45

I have to admit that I have yet to lose a game with my DE. A couple of draws, but never an out and out loss.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 03:02

As an interesting side note, having now played many games with them: despite many woeful predictions of how daemons and space marines will trod all over my face, I've only ever lost a single game with my Freakshow lists, and that was against Eldar. (And I only lost because of boneheaded greed.)
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 13:40

I lost to White Scars the other day. My opponent said this "You did nothing wrong but your dice rolls even made me flinch."

My dice were born with me that game. As much as we do math hammer and the like we still fall to the fact that this is a dice game. Another note, I do not run grots at all, nor do I run Venom Spam. I run Raider Spam, I just love my long boats.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 13:42

JackKnife01 wrote:
I do not run grots at all, nor do I run Venom Spam. I run Raider Spam, I just love my long boats.

Amen brother! I don't even own any Grots or Venoms! Solidarity!
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 13:47

In my 1850 list, which is up BTW, I run seven long boats (two being ravagers) and an empty Venom, along with two Razorwings for air support.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 14:44

Why long boats instead of Venom?

Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 14:49

More model capacity, better survivability, better accuracy in shots. Due to the overwatch as well, the way I build mine they shoot 22 twin Linked poison. At 12 inches I can do a lot of damage when shooting normally.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 14:50

But you are much more in danger at that distance against troops with strength 4 rapid fire guns or close combat attacks.

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How often do you win with Dark Eldar?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next