THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How often do you win with Dark Eldar?

Go down 
+20
FuelDrop
Elzadar
The_Burning_Eye
Massaen
Calyptra
Mushkilla
The Shredder
Scrz
Count Adhemar
amishprn86
JackKnife01
Raven Cowl
CurstAlchemist
Hellstrom
@miral
chickendinner
CptMetal
Klaivex Charondyr
Nariaklizhar
Jimsolo
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

How often do you win your games with Dark Eldar?
Almost always
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba1322%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba15
 22% [ 13 ]
I win more than I lose
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba1328%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba15
 28% [ 16 ]
About 50-50
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba1328%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba15
 28% [ 16 ]
I lose more than I win
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba139%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba15
 9% [ 5 ]
I almost never win
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba1310%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba15
 10% [ 6 ]
Other/confused/no opinion
How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba133%How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Voteba15
 3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 58

AuthorMessage
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 14:55

Yes, but the 22 is if they get close or I am going for an objective. Generally at 18-24 inches 12-14 twin link poison shots. I loose ranged for twin Linked. Besides that a flamer can kill all in a Venom. Not so for a Raider.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 17:36

On the other hand the Raider without crew is basically useless. The Venom is not.
12" also means you have to kill your opponent 100% or your boat will probably go down.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 18:01

I use an empty Venom so I agree. However a Raider can go farther and....very rare occasion here....you choose to ram you can have a 14 front
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 21:54

In this league I was about a 50/50% With the new SM book, I cant get a win with DE, But only with Coven. Coven is Fun, I like coven, but I dont want to have Bulky Hoard army, I want to play Boats, its the reason I got DE.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 22:18

I still play boats
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 23:04

'Winning' is relative. You can lose and still have a great time because you put up a fight, your Archon killed their warlord, you made some of them run off the table, you killed their big monster, or whatever, and if things had been a little bit different you might have won.

Or you can realise on Turn 1 that your army can't hurt their army, there is literally nothing that you have that can hurt what they have, and you spend the whole game just moving pieces about and uselessly rolling dice, wondering why you bother, but in the end it turns out that you win on points. I don't call that fun. Win or not, it still feels like a wasted afternoon that could have been better spent reading Salman Rushdie or Fifty Shades of Abysmal Writing, or something.

A better question would be: How often do you have fun with Dark Eldar?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2015, 23:47

Barking Agatha wrote:
'Winning' is relative. You can lose and still have a great time because you put up a fight, your Archon killed their warlord, you made some of them run off the table, you killed their big monster, or whatever, and if things had been a little bit different you might have won.

Or you can realise on Turn 1 that your army can't hurt their army, there is literally nothing that you have that can hurt what they have, and you spend the whole game just moving pieces about and uselessly rolling dice, wondering why you bother, but in the end it turns out that you win on points. I don't call that fun. Win or not, it still feels like a wasted afternoon that could have been better spent reading Salman Rushdie or Fifty Shades of Abysmal Writing, or something.

A better question would be: How often do you have fun with Dark Eldar?

Archon with 4 Uh-ghuls Killed A Thunder Wolf and Warlord on Wolves in Combat Smile (3+ Invuls)
It was an amazing fight.... Lost the game, but he is scared to charge that unit now Smile

But then there are those games where players bring 7 Podded  10man Space marines units and 2 Knights startting on the table.

I cant kill the knights turn one... And then I have 90+ Bolter Shots with 5-6 Flamers and 10 Heavy botlers........ Look I can jink... like it does anything.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 02:44

Thankfully I don't have such friends that play with two Knights and 70 Pod Marines. Only one game in the last year has been wasted. I managed to kill his knight, but the way we set up I was severely out ranged and couldn't hurt him.

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 03:53

CptMetal wrote:
Thankfully I don't have such friends that play with two Knights and 70 Pod Marines. Only one game in the last year has been wasted. I managed to kill his knight, but the way we set up I was severely out ranged and couldn't hurt him.

I play in a highly Competitive area.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 07:17

Oh, my friends and I are competitive, but not "I will assault your corpse so you don't have any fun" competitive. Only pods and two Knights in a game? Well... No. We take good units and the occasionally knight, but not this.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 07:24

I'm about 50/50 I remember at the peek of my wargaming career (before I said nope, no more 40k for me. I'm switching to this beautiful Warmahordes) I was probably 70/30
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 12:45

My old group is so competitive, I hear 'only pods and two Knights' and think, "eh, could be worse." My new group is much more casual.
Back to top Go down
JayDee327
Hellion
JayDee327

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 13:58

When I first started with DE (also my first army) I Lost every game.. 5 straight... Just by Chance I got the hang of it and now I've won 7 straight... Including a decent demonkin army.. I still have not gone back to play those first five but I am anxious to do so.  I feel like I have a good army. Balanced. I just know I cant stand toe to toe. I need to focus my fire power. Stick and move...

I play 1500. Boats and venoms.
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10 2015, 00:01

been playing for 2 year now, i get the occasional game, maybe 1 a month sometimes more. Usually against orks, chaos og ig. Im at maybe 50/50 i think.
Lately ive been playing in a tournament with my friends, we are 6 guys, im DE, then theres SW, chaos, tyranids, eldar and necrons. I set up my list pretty competetively and i only won against the SW army 11,4 in maelstrom the others have been a walkover.

Im with barking agatha on that you shouldnt be playing if your not having fun, i had a blast losing those games and i think i learned a few things for when i face them next!

for our next tourney im gonna field Corpsefiend claw and dark artisan with dissie ravagers and some haywire. Very Happy that'll teachem!
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10 2015, 07:30

You cannot win them all. Also, I stock and move. Remember the 4 Ds!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often do you win with Dark Eldar?   How often do you win with Dark Eldar? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How often do you win with Dark Eldar?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3