THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Defending Against Null Deployment

Go down 
+2
Gazbal
Raven Cowl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Raven Cowl
Hellion
Raven Cowl

Defending Against Null Deployment Empty
PostSubject: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 04:31

How do Dark Eldar defend against a Null Deployment Space Marine list? The Chapter Tactics are Salamanders if that matters.
Back to top Go down
Gazbal
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 05:59

Well you could counter with your own null deployment or try to wipe out what they do have on the board in one turn.
Alternatively you could castle up and then focus fire on the deep strikers when they arrive.
I believe that they cannot all arrive at the same time?

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 13:44

Theres a guide on deployment in the stickied guide topic at the top of this section. Here's the link:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11847-the-pragmatic-realspace-raider-deployment

It covers how to deploy against null deployment. Basically you want to deploy like this:

Quote :
Defending Against Null Deployment Dispersed_castle_zps3a9pgzbl

In the above example the Dark Eldar player has adopted a loose castle deployment. This is ideal against Drop Pod armies. The gaps in the deployment are just small enough to prevent a drop pod from landing without being within 1" of an enemy unit. At the same time the reaver screen prevents deepstriking melta guns from being placed within 6" of any of the Dark Eldar vehicles.

Hope that helps. Razz
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 13:51

Put your vehicles 5 inches away from one another. They shouldn't be able to have t with the template and def won't be able to land between them. Of they do then only one target if they don't die due to being unable to disembark
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 13:59

Always remember when playing against template weapons, if you screen with vehicles your opponent has to place the template to cover as much of the vehicle as possible. This will usually mean that they will be unable to hit any other units!
Back to top Go down
Raven Cowl
Hellion
Raven Cowl

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 14:07

Mushkilla wrote:
Theres a guide on deployment in the stickied guide topic at the top of this section. Here's the link:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11847-the-pragmatic-realspace-raider-deployment

It covers how to deploy against null deployment. The dispersed castle being ideal against space marine drop pod lists.

Hope that helps. Razz

Thanks Mushkilla! Sorry for the unneeded post then.

@JackKnife01 Thanks.

@Count Well, the list I was running was utterly dependent on the three Venoms I had.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 14:09

Could scatter to the four winds and if they drop 3 of their 5 drop pods you are golden
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 14:09

Raven Cowl wrote:

Thanks Mushkilla! Sorry for the unneeded post then.

No worries, I'm sure some interesting discussion can still come out of it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 14:12

Raven Cowl wrote:
@Count Well, the list I was running was utterly dependent on the three Venoms I had.

Fair enough. Not seen your list so hard to comment but thought it was useful information that not everyone would be aware of.
Back to top Go down
Raven Cowl
Hellion
Raven Cowl

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 14:34

Count Adhemar wrote:
Raven Cowl wrote:

Fair enough. Not seen your list so hard to comment but thought it was useful information that not everyone would be aware of.

Oh, I hope I didn't offend, I didn't intend to.

the list was
two squads of Kabalite warriors in venoms with one blaster and splinter cannons
Lhamean in a Venom
a Squad of Haywire Scourges
a six girl group of Wyches to fill points. Its for or escalation league.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 14:48

No worries mate. No offence taken.

At that sort of points level it will be very hard to screen from a drop assault. You simply don't have enough models to cover the board area in the way that you need to. If you're able to change your list at all you might want to consider some Khymerae instead of the Wyches? They are actually better in combat for the same point cost but also come with an invulnerable save and, more importantly here, a large (40mm) base. This would let you spread them out a bit to help cover the table a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Raven Cowl
Hellion
Raven Cowl

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2015, 14:55

We're actually making the point jump to 750 and I'm thinking of getting Grots and a Cronos to add some durability. I think they'll make an excellent addition
Back to top Go down
Raven Cowl
Hellion
Raven Cowl

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23 2015, 15:29

Nevermind I was misinformed. It's still 500 so with the Khymerae would it be better to use two dog squads and deploy them around the flanks or use the table edge to defend a flank and use a six dog Khymera squad as either a flank or to be a front rank?
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 17:11

Great point from the Count that I didn't know till just now. Knowledge Count strikes again.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defending Against Null Deployment   Defending Against Null Deployment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defending Against Null Deployment
Page 1 of 1