THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build Empty
PostSubject: Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build   Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 14:43

Let's give this a spin on friday's match:

Realspace Raiders Detachment

HQ: Archon - WWP - 95
Court - 4 Medusae - 100
Venom - Cannon - 65
Haemonculus - WWP, Flesh Gauntlet - 110

Elites:
Grotesques - 4 Grots - 140

Troops:
3 x 10 Kabalites - 80
Raider - Racks, NS - 85

Fast Attack:
2 x RWJF - Cannon, Lances - 150
2 x 5 Scourges - 4 x Blasters - 140

Formation - Scalpel Squadron
2 x 5 Wracks - Ossefactor - 65
Venom - Cannon - 65

Weapon loudout:
4 AP 3 S4 Flamers
2 AP 2 Fleshbane weapons
WWP CC assault Squad (From 20 4+/6+ ID attacks on charge and up)
56 4+ Poison Shots
30/60 4+ Twin-Linked Poison Shots
16/32 CC 4+ Poison Attacks
9 AP2 S6 Shots
12 AP2 S8 Lance Shots

Any suggestions are appreciated. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/StarHorsePaints
TheNamelessArchon
Slave
TheNamelessArchon

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build   Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 19:42

You need more splinter cannons
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build   Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2015, 20:08

Why?
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build   Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2015, 04:04

You diffently don't need more splinter cannons. I prefer haywire on scourges. I would try to put DL on raiders. Correct me if I'm wrong but are u going to be deep striking the grots? I know ur trying to null deploy but I feel the grots need to be deployed first turn with sails. With no reserve manipualtion ur in danger of those grots not coming in at the right time. If they are deployed first turn they are in combat 2nd turn. If u reserve them best case scenario, they wont be in close combat till 3rd turn.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build   Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2015, 07:42

The grots are only there as a gap filler, I was gonna put a squad of Trueborn in there and an empty Venom, but they are unfortunatelly unpainted. I don't like Haywires - they are a situational weapon and after transports are abandoned and tanks are crushed they become useless with AP4 S4, whereas Blasters can ruin any TEQs day. I don't take DLs on Raiders as I don't plan to rely on it for additional anti-tank (which it can still do with good positioning and some lucky rolls) but as a "finishing touch" against TEQs or squads not killed by poison shots.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build   Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build I_icon_minitimeFri May 15 2015, 23:06

You definitly needs reserve manipulation (god I wish Archon could choose their warlord trait...). Either a Comm Relay or an allied Autarch.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build   Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build I_icon_minitimeSat May 16 2015, 11:04

I can't take a Comm Relay with my Formations/FOCs and I hate craftworldites. Initial testing from yesterday shows promise, but will test today with a bit more alterations to the build.

The game was a victory, as was the yesterday one however, I don't think I will stick with it. Even with access to Reserve manipulation (rolled Labirynthine Cunning) it is way too random and quirky, I feel much more comfortable with two squads of Grotesquerie Grots in Raiders, who just rush to melee and function as kind-of-sorta Null Deployment, cause it's not likely anything will shot them if they are in CC and they can assault most of the units in the game. For full game report, check out my blog or channel later tonight, I will post my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build   Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build I_icon_minitimeTue May 19 2015, 07:44

Please do not douple post but use edit function instead. You may bump your thread every 48 hours to get more answers. ///Vasara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build   Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nothing to do here - 1850 pts Null Deployment Build
Page 1 of 1