THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hellions as Reavers

Go down 
+2
Lord_Alino
mightydoughnut
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

Hellions as Reavers Empty
PostSubject: Hellions as Reavers   Hellions as Reavers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 10:36

I freakin' love our jetbikes - they look cool, they pack a punch and can be dropped in bulk. Problem is, they cost an arm an a leg AND they are mail order now, so that sucks. But I have a ton of Hellions. My question is: would you allow a player to use Hellions as Reavers? I mean, with right positioning of the skyboard (sideways, so they are as long as a Reaver) and right wargear (Heat Lance/blaster under the board etc.)? I'd love to field a 30-48 mob of bikers, but don't have free 500$ to spend on it.

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Hellions as Reavers   Hellions as Reavers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 10:47

I'd allow it but I'm not your gaming group. Talk to them and see if they're cool with conversions like that. Actually... If you just model them differently and call them conversions that works.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Hellions as Reavers   Hellions as Reavers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24 2015, 19:13

If I was playing against you I would allow you as long as one of these conditions are met. They are easily distinguished do to unique paint job, they have been customized to look different, or you are not running any units of hellions in your army.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Hellions as Reavers   Hellions as Reavers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25 2015, 12:37

You could run hellions all you want. However, I'd expect them to look more extravagant. Maybe customized to look... fancier. like a ton of chains or such on them.
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Hellions as Reavers   Hellions as Reavers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25 2015, 13:00

I'll allow it!
The only thing I would take issue with was if you tried to field hellions as actual hellions. albino
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Hellions as Reavers   Hellions as Reavers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29 2015, 01:45

Distinguish them with a flag or such if you use hellions too Razz
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Hellions as Reavers   Hellions as Reavers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09 2015, 17:52

Since the 7th edition codex, I have felt that skyboards actually fit more with the idea of how reavers are currently played than their jetbikes do.  Don't even get me started on "caltrops" being used aggressively.... I use dark elf lances to represent mine.

I'm a bit of a wysiwyg fanatic myself, so I'd actually remove one of the splinter pods (or both and replace with the bike rifle bit) from each board.  I'd also replace the klaive arms with pistol/melee weapons from the wych kit if possible.

Certainly play a few games with them though and make sure of how many you want before you start snapping off parts.

It's long been on my wishlist that hellion skyboards be changed to type - jetbike, and given much of the role reavers currently have.  So hopefully your conversions are just ahead of the curve.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Hellions as Reavers   Hellions as Reavers I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 13:22

stilgar27 wrote:
It's long been on my wishlist that hellion skyboards be changed to type - jetbike, and given much of the role reavers currently have.  So hopefully your conversions are just ahead of the curve.

Was thinking the other day that this would be a pretty good fix for Hellions - make them jetbikes, give them back their +1 A, hey presto they are good enough to take. Not many other armies have jump infantry on flying bases?

Scrz wrote:
The only thing I would take issue with was if you tried to field hellions as actual hellions.

They are a great way to handicap yourself when introducing new players to the game Laughing

On topic, go for it. I might try it myself!

(You might even be able to use any old 3ed models, the ones actually carrying blasters & shredders...)

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellions as Reavers   Hellions as Reavers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellions as Reavers
Page 1 of 1