THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

reavers & hellions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
darkreaper
Slave
darkreaper

reavers & hellions Empty
PostSubject: reavers & hellions   reavers & hellions I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16 2024, 16:00

just a thought, has anyone considered the interaction between reavers and hellions, hellions use their 14” move to race up and charge a unit, while they’re tied up, reavers can then fly over the unit next turn and drop the mortals from evicerating fly by, while the hellions fall back being able to shoot and charge again same turn, drop more mortals with the grenade strat, sounds like an interesting combo to double team a unit you wanna get rid of or deal some decent damage to
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

reavers & hellions Empty
PostSubject: Re: reavers & hellions   reavers & hellions I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 17 2024, 18:08

The problem with Hellions is to get them into melee. They are too squishy.

Slave
darkreaper

reavers & hellions Empty
PostSubject: Re: reavers & hellions   reavers & hellions I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 17 2024, 18:29

with a 14” move they’re one of the fastest things in the game, sticking to LoS blocking terrain would make it easy enough to get them into combat and at T4 they’re at least one of the toughest infantry level units we have plus mounted makes anything but anti fly not as great
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

reavers & hellions Empty
PostSubject: Re: reavers & hellions   reavers & hellions I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 23 2024, 17:50

Reavers are great - they are objectively better than Hellions in just about every way. They are faster, tougher (i.e., better save); get a heat lance; have a useful ability; have a higher MSU OC score; and are cheaper.

Problem 2 with Hellions -- they are NOT infantry -- they are "mounted" and have to go around terrain features.  

Problem 3 with Hellions -- Also, they do not have deep strike.

Problem 4 with Hellions -- they are OC 1.  

Problem 5 will hellions -- the ability is good on paper but not in practice with this unit because to actually use the ability they would have survive a fight phase (if charged at) or survive two fight phases (if they charged). Moreover, even if you get to use it, their 5+/6++ is too vulnerable to overwatch.

Problem 6 with Hellions -- the Baron is still missing.

While Hellions CC is good, it is not great. A 5 squad man squad of incubi is cheaper and arguably better than Hellions (I'll take ap -2 over sustained hits 1 and ap -1). Finally, and laughably, because incubi are infantry and able to move through ruins, there will be circumstances in which the incubi are able to move up the board faster.

[Edited -- Sorry. I'm annoyed that my Hellions do not get to do anything.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

reavers & hellions Empty
PostSubject: Re: reavers & hellions   reavers & hellions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

reavers & hellions
Page 1 of 1