THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Flyer spam

Go down 
+12
SERAFF
MarcoAvrelis
Count Adhemar
Jimsolo
Hellstrom
FuelDrop
Trystis
JackKnife01
CptMetal
deekthegreat
lelith
dumpeal
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FullDE
Kabalite Warrior

Flyer spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyer spam   Flyer spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2015, 04:28

So why is the void raven so horrible?
Back to top Go down
Zoraius
Slave
Zoraius

PostSubject: Re: Flyer spam   Flyer spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2015, 04:35

Its horrible because of its name people see bomber and expect it to be 100% anti ground and for that its too expensive.I wont call it a bomber anymore and see it as our f15 to the razorwings f16 and take it naked and its fine good even. S9 lance is tough to argue with.
Back to top Go down
kidfist0
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Flyer spam   Flyer spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2015, 09:24

re the bomber, i just cant see how spending noticeably more points on something thats equally as survivable & maneuverable as the razorwing but has less firepower is anything but a poor investment.

if it still had armour 11 or had vector dancer (or both) i might start considering it. even then though...
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Flyer spam   Flyer spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2015, 15:34

It may have PA2 missiles. So, it have purpose razorwing don't have. BUT, generally, 2+ armor guys don't stack in big squads. So, it won't cause a lot of kill... I was only suggesting taking them to add to the number of flyers I have.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Flyer spam   Flyer spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2015, 17:41

You give it Diss cannons if you are hunting TEQs. If you aren't the middle work fine.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Flyer spam   Flyer spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04 2015, 00:22

One option for the 'Raven is switching the lances for ap2 blasts. Combine that with a loadout of implosion missiles and it is VERY good at killing anything unfortunate enough to be out in the open.

Way too expensive with that loadout, clocking in at 220 points without nightshields, but it is peerless at air to ground work. (remember, you don't HAVE to unload all your missiles at once). For that many points I'd want split fire to be an option for it, but what are you going to do?
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Flyer spam   Flyer spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2015, 21:30

Too expensive paper flight - that's why I found no reason to use a Voidraven Bomber.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Flyer spam   Flyer spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2015, 00:11

Agreed. Annoyingly it's one of our few anti-MEQ options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flyer spam   Flyer spam - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flyer spam
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2