THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Clearing the Skies

Go down 
+2
lelith
FuelDrop
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Clearing the Skies Empty
PostSubject: Clearing the Skies   Clearing the Skies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 01:29

Dark Eldar AA. Outside of our own fighters (which are closer to fighter-bombers than interceptors, with their split roles) do we have ANYTHING that can act as a reliable anti-air weapon system?
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

Clearing the Skies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Skies   Clearing the Skies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 01:33

Our own fighters with lances, quad-gun or Icarus lascannon shot by high BS characters, or getting skyfire nexus - seriously, the last one has shown the best performance in my experiences.

FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Clearing the Skies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Skies   Clearing the Skies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 01:37

Wonderful. The number of gaping holes in this codex grows with every reading. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Clearing the Skies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Skies   Clearing the Skies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 02:12

This has always been a hole for us.
Back to top Go down
Raven Cowl
Hellion
Raven Cowl

Clearing the Skies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Skies   Clearing the Skies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 05:06

Yup. Unless it's actively reaping everyone on the board, it might be better just to ignore it.
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

Clearing the Skies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Skies   Clearing the Skies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 06:22

1850- 9 flyers for us. Why clear the sky when you can own it. Then again this is for fun. Voidraven is the better at taking flyers out. Void Lances.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Clearing the Skies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Skies   Clearing the Skies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 11:40

Requires you to hit, which I consistently failed at during my game today. 2 Razorwings vs 2 Vendettas was very much in the IG's favor for dogfighting, to the point that I did a grand total of 0 hull points.

Luckily, I'd absolutely owned the guard on the ground (and his Imperial Knight did not impress anyone. Damn yokel in a titan) and had 3 times his victory points by end of turn 3 (when we called it mine, as he was down to a single Manticore, an IK on 2 hull points, a fleeing 1 wound Lord Commissar, half a squad of guardsmen and the aforementioned 2 vendettas vs virtually my entire army minus 2 raiders and with one of the razor wings on 1 hp missing half its guns). Still, I was outclassed in air to air and I knew it.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Clearing the Skies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Skies   Clearing the Skies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 11:48

How did you get rid of the knight?

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Clearing the Skies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Skies   Clearing the Skies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2015, 12:08

CptMetal wrote:
How did you get rid of the knight?

Well, it was down to 2 hull points as game ended so not really gone.

1st round my opponent forgot to move it, fired the battle cannon twice, did one hull point of damage and afflicted a crew shaken.

2nd round my opponent moved it up, fired twice with battle cannon. both shots scattered off the table. Did a hull point with a heavy stubber. Charged my reavers and failed to reach them.

3rd round shot twice again. first shot got jinked. second shot scattered back and hit him in the rear armour, causing him to lose his first hull point. (we decided to chalk it up as a misfire). He then charged one of my critically wounded raiders and killed it with hammer of wrath.

My turn. Got it on the flank and rear. Shield on flank. 2 hull points from a DL on the raider and Archon's thrown haywire grenade to rear (this was my Archon's contribution to the battle. I don't think I'm going to let him bring strippers on his raider again as he's too easily distracted!). 3rd hull point this phase lost to a blaster from the flank and a natural 1 on the save.

EDIT:
Shout out to my Wyches, who got 2 and a half unit kills for no casualties in return. Man of the match to the Reavers, who took down a sentinel and 2 units of heavy weapons teams for a single casualty before swinging by and grabbing linebreaker twice! (once for tactical objective, once for end of the game.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clearing the Skies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clearing the Skies   Clearing the Skies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Skies
Page 1 of 1