THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

death from the skies (DE style)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

death from the skies (DE style) Empty
PostSubject: death from the skies (DE style)   death from the skies (DE style) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 12:19

so i was looking around the codex, when i saw duke sliscus rule with the deep striking thing for pretty much all vehicles (eg. raider, venom and ravagers). and theres prob been a post about this, but i havent seen it yet. here we go

so will it be a smart idea (okay i know itll be dumb for DE, but will it be fun is what i meant by "smart"), to have an army pretty much full on deepstriking like daemons (nothing on the field). like have sliscus and trueborns with SC or with warriors and splint racks and Deep strike and shoot the smirk off the enemys faces. or even with a haem w. liqui and risking it to get the biscuit and deep striking em so close to make use of that liqui and decimate when u deep strike and be able to strike at the certain areas needed. but you get the point.

you can also have, i guess a WWP with it. and drop it as soon as possible. and hope itll work. Razz
but yes, thats the thing. i think you guys should help me... will it be worth it???
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: death from the skies (DE style)   death from the skies (DE style) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 13:21

This is one of those things that sounds like it would be good times. Unfortunately, the reality is that you'll be forced to watch your army get disassembled systematically as your forces arrive piecemeal.

While swooping out of the sky not only appeals to the imagination, but also fits what a dark eldar raid would look like (in my mind anyway), it will most likely only end in tears and frustration.

I wish they had given the dark eldar a mechanic similar to the grey knight that gave them some control over when their units arrived from reserve.
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: death from the skies (DE style)   death from the skies (DE style) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 14:26

I think it'd be fun as!! Yeah, that's my only worries. But Im thinking, that if u make enough damage the turn u come in. Then just hope the best thing they can do is destroy ur transport! Then next turn, gonna work with what u got. But hey u never know, u could be lucky enough and make everything come in (doubt it) but it'll be cool! Razz

Really GK has control on when they deep strike???
The codex writers should've given the archons the same rule, like the autarchs from eldar. Like, u can add or subtract 1 from ur reserve roll. Or have choices out of that rule above or rerolling for deployment or rerolling for initiative or rerolling one deep strike per turn. I dunno something cool like that (and useful). Or instead of making it rules, they could've made it a purchasable upgrade!!!!! Raaaaargh I wanna rage!!! They should update the codex with that rule above!!!! Razz

Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: death from the skies (DE style)   death from the skies (DE style) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 14:39

Thor665 did a batrep of a Duke/Razorwing army that he played in a tourney.
https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t1443-2000-rtt-duke-sliscus-deep-strike-razorwing-build-very-pic-heavy
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

PostSubject: Re: death from the skies (DE style)   death from the skies (DE style) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2011, 05:35

gunnerboy1607 wrote:
Really GK has control on when they deep strike???

Yeah, they have a psychic power that allows them to add or subtract one from their reserve rolls. They also have troop choices that create a zone within 12" of them to automatically cause a deep strike mishap if enemy units land in it.

Unless I'm reading something wrong, you can't deep strike a vehicle and then have the occupants start firing out of it unless they bail out so if you don't pile on the pain, they can just take shots at your dudes. Vehicles that deep strike count as having moved at cruising speed and passengers cannot fire out of a vehicle they are embarked upon if it moved at cruising speed.
Back to top Go down
The Omnipotence
Slave

PostSubject: Re: death from the skies (DE style)   death from the skies (DE style) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 16:05

Youknow I tend not to deploy anything when I play and not only does it throw my opponent off, but if my stuff does arrive piecemeal I have the option to place it out of range of enemy firepower or out of LOS. So I agree with archeonlotet about watching your poor guys die if they jump out and don't kill anything, it still adds an element of surprise, when you can place your troops (almost) anywhere you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: death from the skies (DE style)   death from the skies (DE style) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

death from the skies (DE style)
Page 1 of 1