THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grot Missile

Go down 
+2
1++
Raven Cowl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Raven Cowl
Hellion
Raven Cowl

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 04:08

Similar to the Orky Manz Missile: Load up 5 Grots in a raider with enhanced Aethersails or maybe a shock prow for ramming goodness and shoot it at the other side of the table. I've been theory crafting this for the last couple of days it seems good on paper, the Raider gives the Grots speed and a small AV bubble, and the Grots are up in the other guys grill. With a Grotesquerie it becomes pretty gross depending on the Latest Experiments roll. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 04:26

Sure!! Line up an enemy, line up some cover bear by and shoot the Grots into it. Couple of problems however; a Raider full of Grots isn't Fearless on T1 and have an awful Ld value. I am going to employ this tactic in my next game but take 4 + Haemie for the Fearless (Grotesquerie)

Hellion
Raven Cowl

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 04:47

Cool let me now how it goes, the Heamie is seems pretty mandatory which is why I'm thinking of using the grotesquerie so I have one unit to shoot and another to hang out and be menacing. or just fire em both and see who survives.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 05:23

Just dont let them stare at the barrels of the entire enemy army after their movement.

1++
Hekatrix

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 08:13

Azdrubael wrote:
Just dont let them stare at the barrels of the entire enemy army after their movement.

Yeah this! You still need to use cover well and shutout as much of the enemies shooting as possible, so look to hitting a flank, rather than down the centre. Of course, all depends on enemy, terrain, deployment etc but remember that they aren't invincible...

Wych
Hellstrom

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 09:50

Isn't this the only way to run Grots?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 09:54

Well there is also wwp larger squads.

Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 09:58

Ive done it a few times and it works!  Very Happy
Always as part of a grotesquerie of course.

If you go 2nd and can hide them from your opponents alpha strike (watch out for drop pods) you can flat out in your first turn. They will be fearless before they get shot.

Just remember you don't have to flat out 1st turn. Often it will be better to hold back for a turn or 2 or put them in reserve to keep them safe (watch out for interceptor).

1++ wrote:
Azdrubael wrote:

Yeah this! You still need to use cover well and shutout as much of the enemies shooting as possible, so look to hitting a flank, rather than down the centre. Of course, all depends on enemy, terrain, deployment etc but remember that they aren't invincible...

Follow this advice and you wont be disappointed!
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 11:42

What is the worry about not being Fearless turn 1? Are you worried about being assaulted in the same turn your Raider explodes?
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 12:15

Edit. Ignore this space.

Oops my bad. Thought Hellstrom was asking me a question. Not enough coffee.

Last edited by Painjunky on Wed Jul 01 2015, 12:38; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2015, 12:17

Hellstrom wrote:
What is the worry about not being Fearless turn 1?  Are you worried about being assaulted in the same turn your Raider explodes?

Probably more concerned about being pinned or falling back, although they'll automatically regroup the following turn unless they run off the table.

Sponsored content

Grot Missile  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grot Missile    Grot Missile  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grot Missile
Page 1 of 1