THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles

Go down 
+5
Creeping Darkness
Evil Space Elves
Kinnay
Nariaklizhar
The Fume Knight
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles Empty
PostSubject: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31 2015, 09:18

So.. I was just reading little parts of my codex again, and I noticed that the Necrotoxin missile swap on the RWJ is actually free, and after I read its stats, wounding on a 2+ with a large blast, and the fact that I have 4 of them if I want, REALLY caught my attention, it has no AP, and strengh so its purely for anti infantry, but, I figure I normally angle my RWJ for anti infantry anyway, so it'd be better off with that, does anyone really use Monoscythe for vehicles? I landed a wound on a Necron vehicle the other week using them, but it didn't do too well, does anyone have any experiences comparing the two?

In another note, the VRB, which I do plan on using soon, has other missile choices too, initially the Shatterfield missiles seem good enough, and compared to the Implosion missiles I really figure that it'd be far more efficient especially compared to the point cost, but AP2 would decimate anything that did get caught, and the fact it wounds on normal enemies at a 2+ its good, even on 5T it still wounds on a 3+ whereas the Shatterfield would be a 4+, either way, they all of the missiles here do seem very good, just so much separate choices with just enough of a change that it really changes the outlook.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31 2015, 19:58

I don't use the voidraven so I can't comment on that one, however I do use the necrotoxin missle instead of the monoscyth. I always figured if I ever needed to shoot at the vehicles, the monoscyth would at least allow me to. After a few games though I found that my razorwing was actually hitting my Raiders and Venoms way more often than I liked because of bad scatters. Now I only use necrotoxin missiles and am much happier
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31 2015, 20:26

I think the reasoning behind using Monoscythes over Necrotoxins is that we can assume both missiles to wound standard horde infantry units (T4 and below; the Razorwing's main target) on a 2+. However tge Monoscythe comes standard with AP5, giving it just -that- much more of an edge against hordes, who rarely feature an armor save better than that anyway. The ability to damage light vehicles is just a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31 2015, 20:52

Kinnay wrote:
I think the reasoning behind using Monoscythes over Necrotoxins is that we can assume both missiles to wound standard horde infantry units (T4 and below; the Razorwing's main target) on a 2+. However tge Monoscythe comes standard with AP5, giving it just -that- much more of an edge against hordes, who rarely feature an armor save better than that anyway. The ability to damage light vehicles is just a bonus.

A whole lotta this^
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31 2015, 21:17

If you play against a T3 army the threat of Instant death posed by the monoscythe missile can occasionally be useful, too.
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 03:21

The implosions are way over priced and not worth it - small blast kills them for me
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 09:54

Hmm. Well I may tray Necrotoxins at some point, I just figure that its the more 'reliable' in terms of guaranteed kills, I figure against Ork mobs, the Necro would be hellish.

In a side note, nis pic Massaen, LOK is one of my favorite all time game series. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 11:35

But see, even against Orks the Monoscythe is better. Both wound on 2+ but the Necrotoxin missiles would let them have their 6+ saves. Not much of a difference, but I'll take every advantage I can get.

Think about it this way: Necrotoxin only becomes better than the Monoscythes if the target unit is T5+. How many units do you know that have that AND a unit count high enough for the templates to be worth it? Necron units come to mind, but other than that?
Even if there are a selected few cases where the Necrotoxin fares better: Monoscythes are the safest bet.
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 18:32

If you fight a lot of White Scars, Ravenwing, or Space Wolf armies then I'd probably switch to more of the Necrotoxin ones. All of them tend to field decent sized T5 units and the AP is meaningless in those cases. Sometimes I run my jets with 2 of each if I have them loaded with dissies because I'll probably fire two of those and only 2 missiles so it gives me the chance to optimize damage on a biker or TWC unit one turn and then hit mass marines the next.
Back to top Go down
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2015, 10:10

Hmm. I just know Orks are my biggest issues when it comes to dealing with them, last game I vsed them, the enemy gave his Orks 4+ armor, and it was a big bash on my strategy.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2015, 10:28

Creeping Darkness wrote:
If you play against a T3 army the threat of Instant death posed by the monoscythe missile can occasionally be useful, too.

Yeah, in a recent game I instant deathed the imperial guard warlord and wiped out his plasma toting command squad with a couple of monosythe missiles + disintegrators from my RWJ!

Situational but extremely satisfying! Twisted Evil Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2015, 11:33

The Fume Knight wrote:
Hmm. I just know Orks are my biggest issues when it comes to dealing with them, last game I vsed them, the enemy gave his Orks 4+ armor, and it was a big bash on my strategy.

Yeah, my Ork-playing friend basically only fields 'ard boyz.

That 4+ save goes a lot further than you'd think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles   Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necrotoxin Missile and Implosion MIssiles
Page 1 of 1