THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Age of Sigmar

Go down 
+15
John M
Gobsmakked
Marrath
The Shredder
CurstAlchemist
Calyptra
thesaltedwound
Count Adhemar
Erebus
Squidmaster
Barking Agatha
Evil Space Elves
Jimsolo
Ciirian
Mr Believer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

Age of Sigmar - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Sigmar   Age of Sigmar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 21:20

Vael Galizur wrote:
She looks pretty much just like GW's Dark Elf sorceresses, only better sculpted with more details and less butterface. lol

Butterface?!

Well, now you've insulted Aoifanne, sorceress of the Clan of Bo.

Age of Sigmar - Page 4 Aoifanne_zpsaf7e2d69

As we can see, she is attractive and half-naked, but her attitude says 'badass', not 'sex kitten'. She appears to be casting a spell in battle, while barking orders, or perhaps shouting a battle cry. Her dagger is held at the ready, in a sensible position. She is in a fighting stance, feet apart and firmly on the ground.

She is sexy *and* badass.

'You're the butterface!' Sorry, she said that, not me! What did you expect? She doesn't look like someone who suffers insults!

It's a subtle but important difference. It's the difference between 'come and have a go, if you think you're hard enough!' and 'come and have a go... I'm up for it'.
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Age of Sigmar   Age of Sigmar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 21:50

That one's face is not too bad. I guess I'm thinking more about some of the older ones. Nevertheless, I fail to see how her pose is any more "badass". It's more "normal", but since they're magical elves, hovering is no less "sensible". You're reeeally splitting hairs. lol

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Age of Sigmar   Age of Sigmar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 23:02

Vael Galizur wrote:
That one's face is not too bad. I guess I'm thinking more about some of the older ones. Nevertheless, I fail to see how her pose is any more "badass". It's more "normal", but since they're magical elves, hovering is no less "sensible". You're reeeally splitting hairs. lol

You think so? Let's have a look at her again:

Age of Sigmar - Page 4 Pants_zpsbm8fnfnj

1) Holding a dagger stiffly at arm's length is a very, very bad way to fight. A child of ten could take it away from her. Assuming she's fighting, and not posing for a glamour shot.
2) Why is she stretching out her torso like that? Is she a) trying to reach something on the top shelf, b) trying to stab someone really, really tall? or c) showing off her tits?
3) Try holding a broom or a mop behind your back the way she is holding her staff. It's awkward, isn't it? What practical purpose could you possibly have to hold it that way? The obvious reason would be to keep it out of the way so that it doesn't hide the goods.
4) If she's hovering, why is she swinging her hips? It would be silly enough to do that on the ground during a battle, but when you're up in the air?

Face it, she's a glamour girl, a pin-up, a good-girl poster. It seems absurd, elaborating on the obvious.

EDIT: 5) Would you wear a metal buckle on your fanny? She must walk very, very carefully.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Age of Sigmar   Age of Sigmar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 00:52

What dagger? I wish I could rotate the model so that I can better see what is in her hand as I'm not sure if it supposed to be a spell reagent being trickled out or a ribbon coming off that fist.

I just assumed much of the pose was in part do to her manifesting a spell she was casting (while also showing the goods). I trumped up the leg position to having to do with the levitation and power manifestation.

Also that expression on her face doesn't say to me that she wants to have some "fun" in a cheap motel , it looks more like, I'm displeased with your presence. Unless someone wanting to have a good time with her was a masochist they most would probably go look some where else.

I don't deny that she has an exaggerated feminine appearance to exploit people's desire for such things to sell the model, but she doesn't scream sex kitten to me.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Age of Sigmar   Age of Sigmar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 03:59

CurstAlchemist wrote:
What dagger? I wish I could rotate the model so that I can better see what is in her hand as I'm not sure if it supposed to be a spell reagent being trickled out or a ribbon coming off that fist.

Hmm... you might be right.

CurstAlchemist wrote:

Also that expression on her face doesn't say to me that she wants to have some "fun" in a cheap motel , it looks more like, I'm displeased with your presence.

To me, it looks like mild petulance, like, 'I wanted a white wine, but all they had was chardonnay!'

But you know, I like Shyverya, honestly. I just don't think she belongs in a tabletop wargame. Or if you're going to do that, at least make a male-stripper version of Teclis and Tyrion to show that this is how elves roll in your lore, and not just an excuse to ogle 28mm boobies.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Age of Sigmar   Age of Sigmar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 04:09

Barking Agatha wrote:
But you know, I like Shyverya, honestly. I just don't think she belongs in a tabletop wargame. Or if you're going to do that, at least make a male-stripper version of Teclis and Tyrion to show that this is how elves roll in your lore, and not just an excuse to ogle 28mm boobies.

As the Dark Elf Sorceresses are associated with the Pleasure cults do to Morathi I don't have a problem with them being this way. If Teclis, scratch that, he wouldn't work do to his conditions... I know, if Caledor had become a member of a Pleasure cult I would think it would be proper to do a similar job to him as they did to her with him being scantly clad and positioned in a similar manner. If they came out with a Sigvald like Sorcerer of Slannesh (Bishonen who doesn't show any signs of mutation) given the same treatment the lore would definitely support it and I think it would be cool to see it done.

Edit: Found a close up, I think it is blood:

Age of Sigmar - Page 4 8ccd645882a36f70981e16744c772231_original
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Age of Sigmar   Age of Sigmar - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age of Sigmar
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4