THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)

Go down 
+14
rider
Asrodrig
Lysis
Torpedo Vegas
horrid
Local_Ork
The Strange Dude
Radium
darkmark
Todo13
Despiciens
Xelkireth
shadow hunter
Saintspirit
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 19:17

Do you do something to your resin?

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 19:28

With exception to vehicles that got huge dose of either sand or chopped carbonfiber (they are empty inside), absolutely nothing. I just mix resin, pour oiled molds, take out models next day, oil mold with WD-40 etc.

Oh and it can be bend when boiled in water. But sun (even now) is just too weak.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 05:05

Oh snap.

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9430

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117976&st=60&p=1663741&#entry1663741

Now that's not dandy.
Back to top Go down
Lysis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 05:20

The number and frequency of these reports are troubling. I really don't want to put so much effort into converting/painting just for it to go limp noodle. Sure it may not be every piece, but if you have 1 model per week? month? Hmm...

I was a bit excited to wait for a few pieces to be recast, but i think i'll just buy the metal and pin it. The old models will be just fine.

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 05:24

Remember that people who experienced no problems won't be as likely to hop online And talk about it. I'd wait a bit till they get rid of the original batch before buying though.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 05:28

I've not had a problem. I love my Finecast Lelith and Archon.

Here's a thought... don't leave your models in the frakking sun.
Back to top Go down
Asrodrig
Hellion
Asrodrig

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 06:12

Xelkireth wrote:
I would very much like to see a review from someone who has worked with the new Finecast material. Is it dangerous like ForgeWorld resin models? How easy is it to bend parts? What about conversions using plastic? Etc, etc.
Apparently, they use a "safe" resin that won't make toxic dust. However, they also advise against using a file on your models, which is the main thing that's going to create dust in the first place. They claim it's because we'll take all the detail off.
The resin is quite flexible. It bends as if it were plastic, but it springs back without fatiguing. Granted, if you do bend it far enough, i t will snap quite cleanly.
Conversions with plastic parts are fairly easy to do, although that may be an attest to the compatibility of the Dark Eldar models with one another more than the actual Finecast product. For example, I glued a banner from the Kabalite Warriors kit onto the back of my Finecast Archon. Just like Forgeworld Resin, superglue bonds very quickly, so make sure you dry fit the pieces first to avoid having to take it apart.

shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 09:56

I was thinking of buying some new incubi - but now I might just hold out a bit longer and watch and wait. I've got plenty of old painted incubi anyway.

I must admit that I've left models out in the sun - but being in the UK its not normally a problem.

I dont think its the gamers fault though. I dont remember any discalimer on the boxes about playing in a darkened room with curtains shut. Other than if you dont want you neighbours to know what a geek you are.

I've left games part finished, and the sunlight has been coming in through a window all day. I dont want to put it all away if finishing the game next day - and dont want to shut my curtains on sunny days.

The miniatures should be designed to cope.
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 12:58

yup. no incubi in my current list working, but i do rather like the brutal elegance of thye models - so will be adding them even just for teh odd game to actually use them.

but i too will wait it out with the finecast to see if QA impoves and there are less chances of miscasts.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 17:54

I find it interesting that the original online post about a guy leaving them in the sun, and then another in one of Local_Ork's links, both live in the UK. That doesn't bode well at all for places like Australia, Florida, the Midwest and southern states, and many other places where it can get much, much warmer, and indoors too.

It will be very interesting to follow this development.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 00:16

Why would you leave them in the sun? They're soft, pliable, delicate and expensive. You're just asking for trouble, and I daresay, borderline retarded.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 01:41

I'm starting to wonder if they even need to be left in the sun for something to happen, if it just gets hot enough without direct sunlight. When its over 40C, shade often doesn't really do a lot.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 23:22

http://miniaturepainting.co.uk/can-you-tell-finecast-from-ordinary-citadel/

I think this may be useful.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 01:53

Lil article people may like to read

Wayland Games Not Selling Finecast

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 07:30

Excellent to see someone sticking it to them instead of vice-versa, for once. Not only have they been incredibly arrogant this year with their own actions, they have also seemingly ignored the entire customer response thus far, rational and otherwise.

This, they cannot possibly ignore. It serves them right for sending out unacceptable product in the first place. I hope that many more retailers react in a similar manner.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 08:01

Sorry for big picture.
Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 Punch-in-the-face

Hope someone WILL post it on BoLS
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 16:38

The sad thing is that I can see some people saying "It's only some mould lines or a few bubbles, you can fix that with green stuff" and therefore completely missing the point that you are paying a premium for these models and therefore shouldn't have to fix them with greenstuff. I find it really shocking the poor quality that some of GWs customers will put up with.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 18:18

I was pretty upset with the box of Wracks I opened today. First models in finecast. The entire sprue was filled with extra material that needed to be clipped off and quite a few holes in it. I'm thinking of calling up GW again. Its true tho, these models cost alot of money and you shouldn't have to pay so much for something that comes 'broken and needs fixing. Thats my thought anyways
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25 2011, 19:41

Yeah... I find a lot of this "Let's fix my new Porshe!" hyperoptimism. Dont know if happy people are busy with their minis and only haters can spit acid over web...

It's not like I don't like GW or whole FineCrap idea, I just hate when someone take huge dump on someone else head and live to tell the story. Mainly beacuse in near future this "someone else" could be me.
GO MANTIC, GO!

Also, only ~50% "returns" is probably because they did not opened box, I had biggest problems with "back" of my mini (ok, I hadone FC mini but empty shelves in My LGS and little chat with owner says me this is big problem).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)   Citadel Finecast... (Not happy) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Citadel Finecast... (Not happy)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: GW General Discussion
-
Jump to: