THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Reaper and the upgrades available

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

The Reaper and the upgrades available Empty
PostSubject: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 11:56

So after looking at the reaper and what upgrades and special rules it has i'm assuming that due to the war gear options it can have a flickerfield even though that piece of wargear from the new dark eldar codex says venom only. also the ariel assault rule i'm questioning it because 1 im not sure what it does and 2 thats not a rule available in the current codex. so my question is have any of you guys ran into an issue where people argued the validity of the rules due to conflicts within the codex and forgeworld book? and how effective are the forgeworld models in their own right? dont really wanna dump 200+ dollars on 2 models if their effectively worthless or just sub par.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 12:09

I'd say that you can have any of the upgrades listed as the FW book specifically states that you can. With regard to Aerial Assault I'd have to say that you would lose it as it is not defined in the FW book and no longer appears in the main rulebook.

You can always e-mail FW to see what they say. They usually respond very quickly.

deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 12:26

Yea i havent tried that yet.  i'll shoot them an email and post the response here so people can see it.

switching topics any ideas on the wraith seer and his d cannon upgrade does it count as a d weapon since its stats are straight out of the eldar codex.

Also the warp hunter he has a weapon with the distort rule and i'm assuming that since we refer to the eldar codex that means for 145 points you get a 3 shot barrage or a template d weapon but i cant say for certain as before i'll shoot an email and ask about that.
Back to top Go down
deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 12:29

No double posts please. Use the edit function. Thanks - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 12:34

On the Warp Hunter, my mate asked FW the question and their reply was:

Thanks for your email. Normally we would give you a standard reply but in this case we have an "official" by means of us telling you in this email that the distort rule does not exist and is instead replaced with D - Destroyer class weaponry,

All other rules are as is and the only change is D Destroyer in the weapon profile.

deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 12:38

wow so that model just became worth its 145 point cost. probably gonna have to convert one from a fire prism most excellent.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15 2015, 12:53

Yep, it's only AP3 but it's still a 3 shot Barrage D weapon so it's pretty damn good!

deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 15:50

Hail Citizen of the Emperium!

As a customer service team we are able to offer suggested house rules, thoughts and our own interpretation of rules but are unable to issue official rulings, this can only be done by the company design teams that publish the official rules in either PDF updates or printed and digital publications which will become available in time.

For the warp hunter we in the office and our resident eldar player agrees that all rules remain the same except for the distort is changed to Destroyer.

for the special rules to do with the reaper miniature, I think this would be a great opportunity to discuss this with your group or gaming friends and see what epic house rules you can decide till the update has been released

Official email from forgeworld apparently house rule the reaper until update. Sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 15:54

Yeah, that's the 'standard reply' they referred to when answering the warp hunter question.

deekthegreat
Hellion
deekthegreat

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 15:56

Hmmm well its interesting that they don't have any good ideas for the reaper about the special rules so hey by all means Ariel assault away and fire those d3 haywire blasts all you want
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 17:38

I feel like it's in poor taste to address a xenos player as "Citizen of the Imperium."

Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16 2015, 20:08

Calyptra wrote:
I feel like it's in poor taste to address a xenos player as "Citizen of the Imperium."

Not at all. It precisely state what we are: The citizen of the Great Imperium, led by our great ruler and lord Asdrubael Vect Twisted Evil

After all, the Imperium is only kept in his current state because we allow it, for cattling (cattle-ing?) reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reaper and the upgrades available   The Reaper and the upgrades available I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Reaper and the upgrades available
Page 1 of 1