THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reaver options / upgrades

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
maelstrom48
Slave
maelstrom48

Reaver options / upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Reaver options / upgrades   Reaver options / upgrades I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 12:16

Pretty simple inquiry, probably just overthinking it, but:

Can I equip one Reaver with multiple upgrades? For example, both a Heat Lance and Cluster caltrops?

I know it's probably not tactically wise to use a mix of these upgrades, given that caltrops can only be used in the shooting phase when turbo-boosting. Still, Reavers being a toolbox unit, the situation might come up where I'd want to kill a tank one shooting phase, and bladevane infantry the next. You never know.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Reaver options / upgrades   Reaver options / upgrades I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 15:49

Yes you can.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Reaver options / upgrades   Reaver options / upgrades I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 15:58

Mush would know but, I thought you couldn't. Something someone told me

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Reaver options / upgrades   Reaver options / upgrades I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 16:06

You can't take special weapons on arena champions. That might be what you were thinking of raven?

However there is nothing stopping you from equipping a bike with both a heatlance and some cluster caltrops. Though in my experience it's not the best of ideas.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
maelstrom48
Slave
maelstrom48

PostSubject: Re: Reaver options / upgrades   Reaver options / upgrades I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 20:21

I just figure with the new wound allocation rules, it's better to have a couple of 'naked' models as throwaways. And in the event that I'd decide to actually equip a heat lance / cluster caltrops in the same squad, I'd only ever use one or the other anyway, since each must be employed in the shooting phase.

All the same, I'd likely go with one or the other, not both (unless I have 40 points to spare). Better to use the extra points for more bodies in other squads.

Thank you for the input!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reaver options / upgrades   Reaver options / upgrades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reaver options / upgrades
Page 1 of 1