THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 22:01

Right so my main idea behind my Corsair army was to have a unified troop choice, via looks. So there would be wyches and kabalites but they would look the same, except for the weapon choices. I'm sort of thinking about kit bashing the two but I'm not too sure about it at all and tbh i think it wouldn't look that great.
If i could get some advice quickly then i will be able to order the parts and assemble the troops and get some pictures up which would be nice Smile.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 23:05

You could use "fully armoured" Kabalites for Kabalites and ones with bare heads and Wych weapons as Wyches.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 23:10

If you get your bits ordering done right you could get enough wych arms to attach to Warriors and possibly only use the helmeted heads. Perhaps a streamlined look would look good, less blades.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 23:58

Sky Serpent wrote:
Perhaps a streamlined look would look good, less blades.
I like this idea quite alot. I never thought of that and it could make them look a bit more spaceman like. Also I would like the keep the helmets on them cause y'know for fluff reasons, them being fighting in space an' all. Also what would you guys suggest for alternative heads to really tie the models together. The wyche and reaver helmets are too rare in the kits and cost a bomb on ebay so i don't think i'll use too many of those. So head ideas?

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 00:27

Eldar.
You can buy bunch of Eldar Guardians heads (maybe Dire Avengers ones if You want mohawk-trueborn) since they look EXACTLY the same.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 01:14

True they do look exactly the same but don't you think they might look out of place? i mean i still want them to look suitably evil...what do you guys think of scourge heads or something along those lines? or might they be a bit too big in comparison?

Edit: acctuly after at the guardian heads they look quite good acctuly, but how about scourge heads for trueborn/blood brides?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 01:37

That's depend entierly on what You want, however unlike Guardians they aren't exactly the same.

You actually may want to check "Tutorials and other goodies", there is link to board with photos of sprues (from older kits), You may find something interesting in WFB section.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 03:42

Could you possibly link me to those "Tutorials and other goodies." Are they on this forum or am i just being slow? cause i'd love to look at old sprues Smile
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 04:07

Heh, topic is sticked right above newest topic in this section (and called "Dark Arts of Fleshcrafting - tutorial links and other goodies here!" < link is here Razz)

Sprues are under last link, in "Templates & Tools (Various useful stuff)" subsection.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 05:26

I don't know if it is of any help, but in my signature, I have a bunch of kit-bashed warriors/wyches/others.

I think the idea of having armour on many models sounds great.
I also like the scourges' heads idea.
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 07:02

speedfreek wrote:
I don't know if it is of any help, but in my signature, I have a bunch of kit-bashed warriors/wyches/others.

Awesome man, I remember checking that log out before. Though could possibly you tell me how well wyche legs and kabalite torso bash together? cause that and the scourge heads are my biggest worry atm.

Also Cheers for the link ork. I'll defiantly check it out. Smile
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 07:56

All bits from all new Dark Eldar kits are actually fully interchangeable.
Back to top Go down
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 14:15

speedfreek wrote:
All bits from all new Dark Eldar kits are actually fully interchangeable.

You can swap a Grotesque torso for a Kabalite's and it integrates perfectly? Awesome! Laughing

On a more serious note, Wych and Warrior pieces do slot together without too much trouble, but be careful when you're slotting Kabalite legs together - they're genuinely moulded in specific halves. I've ended up doing some incredibly frustrated carving and slicing because I wasn't paying attention.

Good luck!

Raucir
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 15:58

I'm not sure if You can't mix Wyches and Guardians legs (they come in two halves) to have some sort of gladiator half armour.

/random ideas off
Back to top Go down
Lazarus
Hellion
Lazarus

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 16:40

ahaha I know all about how difficult eldar legs are to put together, i had an eldar army (which in my youth i lost on a bus, :S) which consisted of only plastic guardians and dire avengers, about 30 of each. But now i know that all the dark eldar are interchangeable opens up some more possibilities also I'll be careful when using any eldar bits, though i don't think i'll be using much besides the heads. I had an awesome Idea to convert some rangers to true born with dark lances and rifles cause they are pretty much my favorite models but alas i doubt it would work. Though they are finecast now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs   Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conversion advice wanted: Dark Eldar Corsairs
Page 1 of 1