THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesque model size request

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

Grotesque model size request Empty
PostSubject: Grotesque model size request   Grotesque model size request I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2015, 19:27

Could someone who actually has a "real" GW Grotesque please give me measurements (height, width, etc) and also if possible, a photo with it next to a Talos and a Kabalite to show perspective?

Would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Riddip
Hellion
Riddip

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque model size request   Grotesque model size request I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 01:24

The best i could do with my mobile phone camera  Wink
Grotesque model size request 201
Grotesque model size request 202

Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque model size request   Grotesque model size request I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01 2015, 02:31

Useful picture. I didn't realise how much larger the Talos is compared to a normal mini.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque model size request   Grotesque model size request I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 15:25

Legend. Thank you so much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
Demantiae

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque model size request   Grotesque model size request I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02 2015, 16:20

Now if only we could get comparisons with Fantasy Ogres and the giant Skaven too... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque model size request   Grotesque model size request I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19 2015, 17:53

Good call, as I've just ordered a whole bunch of Island of Blood Rat Ogres to convert into Grotesques using Talos spares and green stuff!
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque model size request   Grotesque model size request I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2015, 19:08

Rathian wrote:
Good call, as I've just ordered a whole bunch of Island of Blood Rat Ogres to convert into Grotesques using Talos spares and green stuff!  

Late to the party but here is a measurement on the rat ogre grotesques.  They come in at about 1.8 inches each, with their arms generally extending higher. (you probably can't read the stick behind them but the line they're below is 2").

Grotesque model size request 20150910

I find this to be pretty good although somewhat shorter than the dynamic pose the stock grotesque has.  I also made squads out of warshrine mutants at roughly the same height, which are probably my favorite.  It's a shame bit sellers don't seem to chop them anymore.

Grotesque model size request 20150911

My last squad is made up of (normal) fantasy ogres and has a metal inquisitor model converted into the aberration who is way short because of the way he's bent over.

Grotesque model size request 20150912

I guess I really should paint these guys at some point as I do use them on occasion... I have like 20 of them total.  Looking at them now I forgot that I even magnetized them for liquifiers... cuz I'll use those now Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque model size request   Grotesque model size request I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 12:35

Brilliant! Thanks for all the details. Great to see how models can be converted. I'm going to have fun with green stuff...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque model size request   Grotesque model size request I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesque model size request
Page 1 of 1