THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New player, first army-need help expanding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sareve
Slave
Sareve

New player, first army-need help expanding Empty
PostSubject: New player, first army-need help expanding   New player, first army-need help expanding I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03 2015, 19:13

Hello! This is my first post here. I'm not new to the hobby exactly, but I am new to 40k and gaming-never played one in my life. I've been watching battle reports and pouring over tactics and lists posted online, which has been a big help. I constructed a list that includes what I really want in the army-I'm looking for a good balance between fun and competitive. This is what I have so far:

Archon - Huskblade - Shadow field - 125
Incubi x4 - Venom - Splinter Canon -145
(They ride together)

Dark Artisan
Haemonculus - WWP - Scissorhands - 115
Chronos- Spirit Probe 125pts
Talos - TW Liquifier - 135pts

Kabalite Warrior x5 - 1 Blaster - Venom - Splinter Canon - 120pts
Kabalite Warrior x5 - 1 Blaster - Venom - Splinter Canon - 120pts
Kabalite Warrior x10 - 1 Blaster - Raider - Dark Lance - Splinter Racks - 170pts

Scourge x5 - Haywire Blaster x4 - 120pts

1175pts total

I'd like to get to 1500 points to start. I've included all the models I love so far, and am open to suggestion on where to go next. Ravagers seem like a solid choice (no more than two-I don't like spammy things). The flyers look interesting, but I don't know much about how they perform. Reavers look like cool models as well. Ah, just don't know where to go from here!

On a different note, I cannot find the Covens Codex anywhere for purchase in physical form-it is driving me crazy! I don't have the option of using a digital book, so this is sort of an issue.

Thanks for reading and any help you may give-I look forward to my first game.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New player, first army-need help expanding   New player, first army-need help expanding I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03 2015, 19:43

Definitely some more anti-armor tools would benefit this army greatly. I would say 2x Ravagers is a solid second purchase.

That would leave you 75 points to play with - which, frankly, I'd use to trim down the Gunboat and add an additional Raider and mini Warrior squad w. Blaster, myself. That said, if you want to keep the Gunboat, you could float in 3 RJBs w. Caltrops and a Champion for that, and get a light harrasing unit with some ability to poke at armor.

Razorwings are a solid investment - they fill a lot of the same roles as Venoms but with the ability to multi-task and also threaten flyers. I'd avoid the Void Raven.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: New player, first army-need help expanding   New player, first army-need help expanding I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03 2015, 20:19

Peoples here have very mitigated thought about the razorwings. Some LOVE them, and some HATE them. For a first army, I would avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Sareve
Slave
Sareve

PostSubject: Re: New player, first army-need help expanding   New player, first army-need help expanding I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03 2015, 21:05

Thanks for the advice!I think 2x ravagers and the reavers would make me happiest in terms of unit diversity. What would you suggest I kit the champion out with? I've heard that reavers should be taken in larger groups, but I don't have that option at 1500 it seems with this list. Maybe if I expand to 1850 eventually I could get a larger group of them. Ah...plastic crack addiction is back.
Back to top Go down
Viceroi_Corvenis
Hellion
Viceroi_Corvenis

PostSubject: Re: New player, first army-need help expanding   New player, first army-need help expanding I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21 2015, 12:55

I leave my Arena Champion unupgraded. He is there to carry the Cluster Caltrops, and attempt to keep them safe with that 4+ Look Out Sir. Let one of the other two Reavers try to save with their 3+ Jink due to Skilled Rider. With the Reavers, you are going for Hammer of Wrath obliteration, or moving 12", shooting, and then moving 2d6 in the assault phase. Also, Remember to use Hit and Run during your opponent's assault phase, so you keep him tied up, but are free to move, shoot, and assault on your turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New player, first army-need help expanding   New player, first army-need help expanding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New player, first army-need help expanding
Page 1 of 1