THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New player looking for feedback on army

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

New player looking for feedback on army Empty
PostSubject: New player looking for feedback on army   New player looking for feedback on army I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31 2016, 14:49

As mentioned I'm completely new to Warhammer, and I'm looking for some feedback and honest thoughts on my list. I will be playing in a casual enviroment with people using between 1000 to 1100 point armies, with few vehicles and ignore cover weapons. My list is as follows,

HQ:

1x Archon with parasites kiss and huskblade
1x Court of the archon: 1xMedusae, 2xLhamean, 1xSslyth
Transport:
Venom with cannon upgrade

Troops:

2x 5 troop units of kabalite warriors
Transport:
Venom with cannon upgrade

Elites:

2x 5 troop units of kabalite trueborn with shredder, blaster, dark lance, splinter cannon
Dracon with agoniser and splinter pistol
Transport:
Venoms with cannons

1x 5 troop unit of Mandrakes

Fast Attack:

1x Razorwing fighter
Dark lance upgrade
Splinter cannon upgrade
Night shield upgrade
Missiles are variable

1x 3 troop unit of Reaver Jetbikes
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for feedback on army   New player looking for feedback on army I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31 2016, 16:23

There are a couple of paradigms to creating a successful Dark Eldar list.

Among them are MSU (multiple small units) and specialized redundancy - you want small units that accomplish one specific thing, and multiple of those.

That said, you're not going competitive, so there is only one thing that sticks out to me.

The Trueborn. It's way better to specialize them with one kind of weapon across the unit. You've got the infantry killing capabilities from the Razorwing, Venoms, and the Warriors. What you lack is Marine killing ability. I'd highly recommend going Blasters on them and dropping the Dracon. Trueborn are basically meant to be a special/heavy weapon delivery squad. You don't really need/want them in close combat, which is what you're tooling the Dracon to do.

Also this is more a preference, but Mandrakes are pretty expensive for what they do. If you want an assault threat, you may want to look into Beastmasters and their beasts. You can get the same oomph for quite a bit cheaper.

Other than that, it's perfectly fine for casual friendly games.

aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for feedback on army   New player looking for feedback on army I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01 2017, 14:29

Well my 50 cents would be to specialize with the Court too. Either take 2-3x Medusae, DS them, disembark and lay down some destruction on MEQ or GEQ. Or take some Sslyth and make them annoy the enemy's backfield (no grenades though). Or perhaps Lhamaeans for Monster/TEQ hunting. 2 Lhamaeans will reliably put a wound on a 3+ MC, 3 of them will put a wound on a TEQ. But - no grenades.

Or just lose the court altogether and go for something like more Reavers. 3 are not enough IMO.

Archon without a Shadowfield is dead meat. Give him a Blaster and let him DS in with the Medusae, leave him in the transport and plink off Hullpoints and bait the enemy to go after the Warlord VP.

I wouldnt take Nightshields on Razorwing. You dont want it to jink. You want it shooting. If you jink him, he is wasted points anyway and just the nightshields 6+ cover is not worth it.

Consider taking the Purge Coterie formation. Its really good at low points battles.

Lose Mandrakes on low point games. They wont have enough opportunities to do their job.

I wouldnt put a Dracon on the Trueborn. Put a champ into normal warriors and threaten the enemy T1. The trueborn are threat enough without him if you specialize them as suggested.

My general advice would be - make every unit a threat not to be ignored. If you present your enemies with easy choices as to what target they will shoot at, you will soon find yourself pulling the short end.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for feedback on army   New player looking for feedback on army I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2017, 15:16

I love my 2 medusae in a raider. Always gets into some fun Wink

I will actually disagree regarding the Mandrakes. At these low point games, their infiltrate and 2+ cover save (in ruins) is just awesome. I would keep them as is.

However, the Trueborn are better at specializing. Equip each squad with only 1 type of weapon.

Lastly, give that Reaver squad a Cluster Caltrop. You will be glad you did!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New player looking for feedback on army   New player looking for feedback on army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New player looking for feedback on army
Page 1 of 1