THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Real Life Fleshbane

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Real Life Fleshbane Empty
PostSubject: Real Life Fleshbane   Real Life Fleshbane I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06 2015, 14:09

I've stumbled across a very interesting article about a wonderful chemical called dioxygen difluoride. By wonderful I mean "Oh god keep it away!", but if you ever wondered what kind of chemical deserved the term "Fleshbane", I think we've got a contender. For your entertainment.
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Fleshbane   Real Life Fleshbane I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 07:14

Holy ****! Seems like it would bane not only the victim's flesh but also the bearer's... very entertaining, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Fleshbane   Real Life Fleshbane I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 07:23

...Satan's Kimchi...
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Fleshbane   Real Life Fleshbane I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 11:21

I have the impression that this is the kind of stuff that is put into liquifier guns.
It sounds like Heamonculi would create this crap on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Fleshbane   Real Life Fleshbane I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 11:57

I had this pegged as something closer to what's in a Necrotoxin Missile, as there's no way anyone short of maybe the orks would be willing to have this stuff as close to them as a template weapon.

To be honest though, anything that can set ice on fire deserves a very healthy respect.

EDIT:
Here's a fun thought: Plasteel and Wraithbone, both very common materials, are both at least in part plastics (Wraithbone gets described as a psycho-reactive plastic occasionally).

Plastics are a branch of organic chemistry, containing both hydrogen and oxygen. What happens when you mix FOOF with organic chem? Things going away that's what! This stuff isn't just going to kill any bare flesh it comes into contact with, your armour probably won't protect you!
Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Fleshbane   Real Life Fleshbane I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2015, 09:10

Aw, the homepage seems to be broken :/

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Fleshbane   Real Life Fleshbane I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real Life Fleshbane
Page 1 of 1