THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 pt vs Space Marines

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Soullez
Slave
Soullez

1000 pt vs Space Marines Empty
PostSubject: 1000 pt vs Space Marines   1000 pt vs Space Marines I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 10:03

I'll be going up against Space Marines next week. We're getting back into it but there'll be a bit of competitiveness there for sure. He said he'll be using two vehicles (possibly Vindicators and/or Rhinos).

It's a 1000 pt game and this is the list I have so far. Since I'm getting back into it (Stopped playing when Dark Eldar were re-released) I'm not sure about the synergy of this list and how well it'll do against Space Marines.

Real Space Raiders Detachment
923 points

HQ (85)
Archon (85)
Huskblade
- with Incubi

Elites (155)
3x Incubi
Klaivex
Venom (Splinter Cannon)

Troops (240)

5 Kabalite Warriors (120)
1 Blaster
Venom (Splinter Cannon)

5 Kabalite Warriors (120)
1 Blaster
Venom (Splinter Cannon)

Fast Attack (203)

Razorwing Jetfighter (140)
4x Necrotoxin Missiles

3x Reavers (63)
Cluster Caltrops

Heavy Support (250)

Ravager (125)
3x Dark Lance

Ravager (125)
3x Dark Lance

Last edited by Soullez on Sun Aug 09 2015, 15:51; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt vs Space Marines   1000 pt vs Space Marines I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 11:05

No Splinter Cannon on the first Venom? O.o
Back to top Go down
Soullez
Slave
Soullez

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt vs Space Marines   1000 pt vs Space Marines I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 12:47

Last group I played with were very strict on being less than or equal to the points limit. Just assumed this was still the way things were. Going off that, can't find where I could squeeze in the extra 10 points.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt vs Space Marines   1000 pt vs Space Marines I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 15:26

The shell looks fine to me but I feel its stretched a little thin. A bare archon really makes me wonder why bother. Heres some ideas..

-give the archon some kit, either blaster or combat kit. Otherwise lose this guy for a lhamaean. If you've been gone for awhile then maybe you aren't aware that a court is a legal hq selection. I usually still prefer a proper hq unless were playing dirty and I'm completely min/max.

-incubi absolutely need a klaivex, hes the best part of the whole unit.

-ravagers my gut says go all one weapon type. I've toyed with mixed but I just can't see how that pays off. The weapons are too specialized. Anyway if you've had different experiences then cool and I'm all ears.

So to find pts for some/all of this I would suggest losing a warrior unit and taking the venom in fast attack empty. The blaster could be relocated to the archon if your worried about it. Of course taking a lhamaean or even a single medusae in venom would buy you most of the above too.
Back to top Go down
Soullez
Slave
Soullez

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt vs Space Marines   1000 pt vs Space Marines I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 15:50

Thanks for the advice. I've changed it up a bit, although not sure how to finish it off. Should I give the Archon a Blaster and Shadow Field, or take a Venom fast attack?
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt vs Space Marines   1000 pt vs Space Marines I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 16:21

Tough one. As it stands I'd opt for the shadow field but go soul trap over blaster. However you could lose the bikes for another venom and probably be better off for it.

Also raiders are much closer to venoms now days, IMO. 1 more HP and disi stock for 55 pts plus access to stealth makes it worth another look. Just something for the future.
Back to top Go down
Soullez
Slave
Soullez

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt vs Space Marines   1000 pt vs Space Marines I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 01:35

Yeah I thought about Raiders, but I really love the look of the Venoms haha. I'm also thinking that since the kitted out Archon will be around 160 points, is it worth swapping him for Lelith considering she'll be apart of the Incubi slaughter?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt vs Space Marines   1000 pt vs Space Marines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 pt vs Space Marines
Page 1 of 1