THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow

Go down 
+4
CptMetal
Squidmaster
Evil Space Elves
Gobsmakked
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow Empty
PostSubject: New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow   New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15 2015, 00:26

I stumbled across these today.  More CWE- or Exodite-ish than DE, perhaps, but they really do offer a new take on the whole Eldar jetbike theme.

I think they look great!

See: https://www.facebook.com/SPELLCROW/posts/934085146652947 (they aren't shown on their corporate website yet, just Facebook)

New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow 11755491_949487838446011_5943330318076387741_n

New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow 11742790_934084889986306_8609983916067399164_n

New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow 11403408_934084886652973_3045899149809423714_n
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow   New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15 2015, 02:00

It looks.....scaley?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow   New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15 2015, 09:23

I don't really like the...crust (?)........but the overall design looks quite nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow   New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15 2015, 10:06

I don't like the design. For Exodites it should be an animal.
Back to top Go down
chickendinner
Hellion
chickendinner

PostSubject: Re: New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow   New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15 2015, 10:21

Doesn't look like a bike at all tbh. More like a mini space shuttle.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow   New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15 2015, 13:33

Not a fan. $10 for three scatter lasers ain't bad, though.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow   New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16 2015, 02:50

Maybe smooth out the scales and pitting and use them as Eldar Corsiar Jetbikes, not sure if I'm a fan enough of the design to do this.
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow   New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16 2015, 17:01

A shoehorn with teeth! I thought there was no such thing...
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow   New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16 2015, 18:31

I like the model iteself, I think it is a cool design concept that is different from what we are used to seeing.  It has obvious Eldar elements, but to me also reflects the idea that not all CWE vehicles will be identical across the various Craftworlds surviving for ages on their own.  They could be used as a jetbike, or they could even be a mini-Hornet type vehicle, if there were appropriate rules to match.

The scaling/barnacle effect is a nice touch, again well done, and along with the vents visible on the upper surface reflect the fact that there would many, many different environments - gaseous and aquatic - of differing densities and compositions that these vehicles would have to operate in on a regular basis.

Model-wise, I think that the outer panels are a bit too thick at the edges, but that is easily fixed with some shaving and filing.  Similarly, I would replace the tail fin with something thinner, and perhaps a different shape.

The scalloping of the fore and aft panels are prefectly fine as they are, but they are also giving me plenty of ideas to re-shape them more like the current Reaver jetbike bladevane aesthetic.  There is a lot of great potential here to modify their look and feel to suit your army.

I would love to see a Barry shot next to a Reaver or Windrider for scale, but at the moment I am very intrigued by these and will probably get some and explore their possibilities a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow   New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16 2015, 18:41

The overseas shipping has always barred me from being a Spellcrow patron. Let us know how they work out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow   New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Space Elves jetbikes from Spellcrow
Page 1 of 1